Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1

Fantastic fan

If you order the fantastic fan option (sunseeker) what do you get? Is this a bedroom upgrade or a new hole, or what? Worth the cost?

Thanks

Hoglou
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #2

Not very familiar with the Sunseeker layout but there might be a vent without a fan in the bedroom. This vent could be for a 2nd AC option as well so I doubt they have to cut a new hole. There are quite a few Fantastic Fan models so what you get depends on which one they are going to install. One model has a rain sensor that will shut down the fan and close the lid/cover when rain is detected. Personally I wouldn't recommend that one because it's nice to have air circulation when it's raining. What I would suggest is one that is 3 speed, reversable, and with a thermostat that will turn the fan on/off at a given temp (Model 5000RBT). Then put a FanMate cover over it so you can run the fan during the rain.

FantasticFan link:
http://www.fantasticvent.com/products/products.html

MaxxAir link: http://www.maxxair.com/fan-mate.html
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #3

We bought a used camper and it did not have a fantastic fan. We had one in our previous camper and really used it a lot, so I bought one on e-bay and we installed it ourselves yesterday.

It was a pretty easy install. We got the model with the remote control since we are short and the ceilings in the 3010DS are tall. I think it is the 6600R. The dealer on ebay had them for about $225. I don't know what Forest River charges. The units are already pre-wired, so it is not difficult to do yourself, but if you have not ordered your unit yet, it might be better to have the factory do it for warranty, etc.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

BTW, in our model (3010DS) we have three vents...one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen area and one in the living area. We do have a fan in the bathroom (not fantastic).

We replaced the vent in the main living area with the fan.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #5

Model used

Anyone known the fantastic model number used in the new sunseekers?
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
Site Team

to the Fanastic Fan! I have a TT and this was one of the best upgrades I did in the first year. Nice having air flow especially with bringing in fresh cool air or removing warmer air from inside.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The Sunseeker lists a electric fan as standard in the bathroom (usually a Create-a-Breeze) and a Fantastic fan as an option which would be fitted to whatever roof vent you want. I'm not sure what model # the Fantastic fan would be, but it doesn't mention it being a Rain-Sensor roof vent.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #8

Not the same but ours is a PUMA Unleashed we ordered it with the "fantastic fan" as an option not knowing where it would be located. Ours came in the bathroom "water closet" roof vent. It does move a lot of air. I recommend it..

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
If you order the fantastic fan option (sunseeker) what do you get? Is this a bedroom upgrade or a new hole, or what? Worth the cost?

Thanks

Hoglou
We use the "Create a Breeze". 3 speed, no rain or temp setting.

It is not a new hole, we put it in place of one of the non-power vents. The option on Sunseeker is in the living area (there is still one over the bunk area on most floor plans). Anywhere there is a vent we could put in a fantastic fan, even if it just says living room. Same option price to put it in the bathroom or bedroom.

We also pre-wire every non-power vent just in case you want to add something later.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I would also recommend the "Fantastic-Vent Ultra Breeze" vent cover. It's like the Maxxair, but they did a demonstration on it (hard to explain, but it was pretty neat). The Fantastic one did not restrict air flow at all...whereas the Maxxair vent did restrict air flow slightly. Now I see there is a Maxxair 2...so who knows.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #11

Another two thumbs up for this option. Wasn't planning on getting it if we ordered. However we bought a stock unit that already had it & love it. We have 4 holes in the roof. Bedroom & kitchen are just vents. Bathroom is an exhaust fan (1 speed) which I think is standard like in a house. Living area is where our "create a breeze" (3 speed) fan is. It does a lot to move air around. You could easily run AC during the day, turn it off at dusk, then turn this fan on to keep things cool. Well worth it.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We also pre-wire every non-power vent just in case you want to add something later.
I did not know that, we wanted to add a fan to the bedroom but did not know how we would get the power there. That is very cool. Thank you.
colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #13

Just a warning on the cover from Fantastic that BC recommended - it's not like other brands that allow you to install without breaking the fan seal. Visit the Fantastic website and download the installation instructions before you buy, I did and was suprised. As I said, you need to remove the caulking at four points on the fan base and remove screws from the fan base.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
Commercial Member

ooh, did not know that mwebber78. that does change things a bit.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #15

NP - I had actually ordered 3 of them and canceled my order after I wanted to be ahead of the curve and downloaded the instructions. Here are the instructions:

http://www.fantasticvent.com/product...%201_23_12.pdf

The instructions fail to mention that in order to remove 4 screws you need to remove 2 lbs. of caulking!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #16

We had to drill additional holes because the Fantastic Fan had them in different places. Camping World sells the new caulk for about $8. It is on a roll and is very easy to apply. There was a lot of old caulk, but we didn't mind doing it. The vent by itself is of very little use in a camper the size of ours.

We needed additional ventilation in case we had to leave our dog inside. If it is too hot, we don't leaver her at all, but even when it is in the 70's outside, it can get hot inside. This fan will keep the interior cool. We used the one in our class B all the time and could not get by without it.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #17

The fantastic fan runs on 12 volt so you don't have to use the generator or be plugged in to keep the coach cool. :-)

Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #18

Install a max air II with out issue on my TT. Screws mount into the metal coming around the vent. Unit is Hinged so pull 2 pins to open and clean.
I like the Maxair II and plan to install them on my new 3170 DS (waiting on Delivery) as soon as possible.
Glad the vents are per wired. Hope a little sticker tells me where the wires are at..
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #19

On the 3010DS, you had to remove the vent to see the wires. They were capped off neatly tucked to one side in plain view. No sticker necessary.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #20

Fantastic. Thanks. Looking forward to noodling out all of the systems. First class C. Big step for us.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote