Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #1

fill for 2005 sunseeker

I just bought my motorhome and is a 2005 29 foot Sunseeker I see the port for the city water hook up and a black tank clean out but I cannot find the water fill port.
bigdog1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Possibly a larger white cap for a gravity fill. We used to use a hose hook up, but got many requests for a gravity fill (so that one can pour in bottles of water).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #3

Nothing like that. I see the tank under bed and need to crawl under rv to follow 1.5 inch fill line to see where it goes.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #4

On a 2005 wouldn't it still be a hose bib right next to the city hook up?
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
On a 2005 wouldn't it still be a hose bib right next to the city hook up?

You are correct! However it says city water and it does work but it will only give me water and not fill storage tank. would like to able to fill tank for dry camping
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1001 View Post

You are correct! However it says city water and it does work but it will only give me water and not fill storage tank. would like to able to fill tank for dry camping
There isn't another one right next to the city one? I thought on a 05 there were 2 right next to each other.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #7

Quote:
There isn't another one right next to the city one? I thought on a 05 there were 2 right next to each other.

Yes, but it says for sewage clean out
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1001 View Post

Yes, but it says for sewage clean out
If that's what it really is then that must have been an option. My cousins is an 05 and the fill is right by the city water, my fill on our Sunseeker is also the one next to the city.
Was trying to help you not have to do the water line search! :-)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Or someone put the wrong sticker on there. I don't remember an option for a black tank flush in 2005. Hook a hose to that...which tank does it fill?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Or someone put the wrong sticker on there. I don't remember an option for a black tank flush in 2005. Hook a hose to that...which tank does it fill?

You are absolutely correct, wrong sticker. Sure enough sewage port fills water tank.

I have another ? about how water heater. When I run Gen or plug in how do I run water heater off electric and not gas? Gas works fine. What I do is run gen then hit water pump and then turn on water heater. There is a on off switch on water heater itself with a pin through it to prevent on. Gas works with switch in off position do I need to turn that sitch on with electric? I get no hot water with electric hookup and inside switch is on with a red light on that says DSI. Thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #11

Got it figured out. Keep panel hot water switch off, turn on water pump, pull pin on switch on hot water heater, turn on and in 5 minutes hot water with electric hook up.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #12

Glad to hear you got it!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Mega Member

Water

I had similar confusion---the sticker is referring to the sewer connection directly under it. The other connection next to your City inlet fills your internal water storage.
rgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #14

Yea that was the problem signage. What side is gray tank is it the left gate or right
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #15

Grey tank should be the one more toward the rear. If your on the side looking at them that would put grey to the right and black to the left. Black should have a bigger diameter pipe coming into the Y. Your shower may have its own tank so look on the opposite side of the RV for another handle.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
Mega Member

Yes, in mine the bigger diameter tank is to the left is the black and the smaller--rearward one on the right is the grey. The galley water--which includes the shower---has it's own tank and the handle is on the opposite of the coach where the batteries are located---look to the right when you open the battery compartment door. Hope that helps.
rgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #17

Ok gonna crawl under her tomorrow and have a peak.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #18

Sounds like my water heater adventure. On our RV the water heater switch on the inside panel only turns the gas heater on/off. The switch on the water heater only turns the electric heater on/off. You could, it seems, have both on, either on, or none on as they are not interconnected. I would have preferred a system like that on the fridge. The electric element is prone to burning out if actuated without water in the heater and that may be the reason for the pin in yours; ours didn't have one.
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Grey tank should be the one more toward the rear. If your on the side looking at them that would put grey to the right and black to the left. Black should have a bigger diameter pipe coming into the Y. Your shower may have its own tank so look on the opposite side of the RV for another handle.
Yet another area where we learned a bit.

On all our new units, we actually use a "gray" handle on the gray tank. Black handle on the black tank. Genius.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #20

Yes the grey tank is more towards the rear. There is also a tank for the shower. So when I go to dump I need to pull that Valve also or do I just keep it open all the time. On the control panel I see there is a level indicator for the galley is that the tank for the shower?