Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #21

Hey Dan - no worries, thread started to take a turn into about winterizing somewhere back there
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
Here is what you need. You can get it from Amazon, Walmart, Camping World and any RV dealer.
Water Tank Filler with Shut-Off Valve - Camco 40003 - Fresh Water Pumps - Camping World
This is all correct,but I might add, Buy a 12" long piece of 1/2 Copper tubing and push it in the end of the Plastic hose! This will allow you to keep the Valve and fill hose (In the Fill opening) without it coming out and giving you a Cold Shower! It also prevents the plastic hose from (Getting the Droops) and shutting off the Flow! If you always have a Helper disregard this! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #23
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Hey Ependydad, no can do on a 3050, shower and FW fill are on opposite sides

Ahh, crud. I tried.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is all correct,but I might add, Buy a 12" long piece of 1/2 Copper tubing and push it in the end of the Plastic hose! This will allow you to keep the Valve and fill hose (In the Fill opening) without it coming out and giving you a Cold Shower! It also prevents the plastic hose from (Getting the Droops) and shutting off the Flow! If you always have a Helper disregard this! Youroo!!
Thats a good idea youroo and if you put a slight "J " bend in the end you can hang it out of the fill hole,I know the FW fill port is high on a 3050/3051 ( over my head and i'm 5' 10") going to use that idea!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'll admit that I've only read this single post. But, for filling me FW tank when hooked up to city water- I'll take the end of my outdoor showerhead off and use its hose into the fresh water fill. Easy peasy for me since everything is in a single water bay.

Attachment 94433
ependydad - Love it! Great hack.
knockando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #26

I have a SunSeeker. What I did was buy a "T" fitting with a spicket on the end. I use an inline water filter, I double filter, use the shown FW tank fill adapter and short white hose to fill. That way I have filtered water going into my tank. Plus I can attach a hose to the end for any use. I have city water hooked up at home cleaning and getting ready and fill FW tank.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Ahh, crud. I tried.

I wish I could do that on mine. Good idea 😀
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank