Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #11

We ordered our 2300 Sunseeker on 11/9/13 and it arrived at the dealership last Monday. Just brought it home yesterday. Love it! Can't wait to start camping but have lots to learn first.

Have fun!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wray Sunseeker 2300 View Post
We ordered our 2300 Sunseeker on 11/9/13 and it arrived at the dealership last Monday. Just brought it home yesterday. Love it! Can't wait to start camping but have lots to learn first.

Have fun!
Neat!
Ours is supposed to be built tomorrow.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #13

I purchased a 2014 2300 from my dealer in November and I am planning my first long trip during the February school vacation week to Orlando, FL. I take the 2300 out every couple of weeks to drive around town just to get it running. I'll run the generator in the driveway and watch some football in the toasty coach with the furnace on every now and then as well. Looking forward to the big trip in February! Good luck with yours.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #14

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men...

We have been told that they didn't restart production on schedule after the holiday break due to the extreme weather at that time. So our unit, which was supposed to be built last week, was not. It should be built later this week.
This throws a wrench into our travel plans. I wanted to buy a 2300 off the lot in Kentucky, DW wanted us to buy(order) locally. I lost.

Oh well. Looks like we will be re-doing our AZ itinerary.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #15

Guess I whined too soon. The production date won't change, but the dealer got the delivery schedule moved up. As soon as the unit is available to leave the factory, it will get delivered. The dealer is only a half day from the factory, so that helps. We will be rushed before we leave, but we should be able to keep our reservations.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #16

Glad to hear your trip is still on schedule. In the rush to get ready, a couple of things to check (that the dealer may or may not have done). Check tire pressures. There is a yellow sticker on the edge of the driver door with factory recommended tire pressures. On my Chevy it is 65 psi front and 80 psi rear. Also, the pressure in the rear air bags is probably at the minimum. You may want to put about 50-60 psi in them to start. As you load your MH with all your stuff, you may adjust a little to the kind of ride you like. (The air bags require very little air, so be careful when adding so that you don't ruin them. Max is 100 psi). Make sure dealer shows you where the air bag fillers are located (in storage compartment on each side).

Also the Magnadyne radio will take some learning. Several threads on here with helpful tips. But go to the website for Magnadyne and print out the manual for the radio (LCD4 I think is the model). If the radio comes with a manual, it will be on a little CD, not printed. Helpful to have the print one in hand. Your copilot can help get it set up while you are driving.

I'm sure you will have a normal set of tools along. One thing you may need that is not in a standard set is a socket for the water heater drain plug/anode. It is a 1 1/16 socket. Not in the usual sets, but easy to obtain at a big box hardware store or Harbor Freight.

Keep us posted and have fun!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #17

Congrats on your new MH. It's a great feeling! My wife and I took our new home out for a 3-dayer to Myrtle Beach, SC a month ago. We have planned a month-long trip in the near future.

I attached the electronic manual for the Magnadyne radio. You'll want to upgrade the maps in the radio so you have all the POIs and to check to ensure you have the most current operating system in it. I also upgraded the radio so I have XM satellite radio too!

Have fun,
Frank
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M4-LCD-UM-Rev-A-6-20-11-small.pdf (1.98 MB, 37 views)
Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #18

Good ideas. Thanks guys. I will print the manual out, and make sure I've got the WH socket in my tools.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #19

The water heater / anode rod is recessed behind some other stuff. So you'll want a socket that is deep / long / extended (I don't know the technical term). The one I use is probably 2 - 3 inches.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #20

Well, we picked up our new 2300 yesterday, and tonight we are on the road. That is just insane, but we had reservations we wanted to keep in AZ. And, the weather forecast for northern IL is brutal for the next few days. We got out and are in MO tonight, albeit staying in a hotel because even here it is going down to single digits by morning. It has been a crazy last 24 hours, a real stress test for the old marriage. If the weather had been decent, it would have been a lot easier. But we froze our rear ends off getting ready to go.

This unit was rushed to the dealer. It did not wait its turn in the factory lot for delivery. So one thing, it is still giving off various fumes. It's not obvious when you first go inside, but after a while it gets to us.

So far we have found two flaws. The bathroom door will not stay latched while going down the road. We have had to put a soft overnight bag in front of it to keep it from swinging into the lavatory counter. And the dream dinette table doesn't nestle all the way into the down position. Yes, I removed the cushions! They are going to have to slightly reposition the forward dinette base. This is not critical for our trip, since we don't need to use it in the down position.

Oh, it came with LED lights. I did not expect that. It also came with a 5K hitch, when I had read they were coming with 7500# ones now. Maybe that was only Fords. Not that it matters much to me. There is the shallow TV cabinet over the door, and now they are using the Jensen removable 2-arm TV mount that can swing the TV around in front of the cabinet, instead of the prior big 1-arm one.

Ours has a Jensen dash unit, not the Magnadyne.

We drove in high winds for the first half of today, then it was calmer. Overall, it handles very well. It's a Chevy, and this fits with the general reports of Chevy Class C's not suffering the handling problems that some Fords do. The ride is a little rougher than my Chevy 3500 B+ was, but we might be able to play with tire pressures and air bags once we get it weighed. Despite that comment, it does not ride bad. Just not as soft as my 3500 was.

Overall we are very excited and happy with it. And in a couple of days, we will probably be speaking to each other again.

When we get camped, I'll post a photo or two!

Tags
sunseeker