Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
Final countdown to our new Sunseeker

Our 2300 is scheduled to be built Jan 17th. I don't know how many days it takes to build, but our dealer is asking for quick delivery because we need it right away to go to AZ (already planned). Yep, no driveway test camping for us; we are loading it up and driving across the country with a brand new rig. In winter.

Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
Congrats on your new Sunseeker 2300. Hope your wait time goes quickly and you have a flaw-free PDI.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Congrats on the new Sunseeker. I take delivery the last week of the month on a 3010. Placed the order Nov. 12 and was told at that time it would take close to 12 weeks.
Have fun in your new rig.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
Thanks. DW and I are very excited. This is our 5th RV but our 1st new one.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Good luck w/ your rig. I did exactly what you did when I got my first Sunseeker. Had a bunch of problems on my first trip, and I was 750 miles from home. I was able to deal with most, except for an inside wall was cut too tight, so when it heated and cooled it popped off the wall! Make sure you bring a a good set of tools, screw gun, flashlight, etc.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
Plus 1 on the problems. Took mine on a short 3-day trip to identify and fix any problems before the big trip in March across the U.S. I am still working issues such as the slide awning anti-billowing device adjustment, refrigerator handle replacement, inner wall separation inside lower right compartment, 5 amp DC control board solenoid blowing fuses. Now I am working through a possible Onan generator fuel pump replacement. I had to update all the software in my radio to include the GPS maps. Little things for the most part but on a long trip could turn out to be a royal pain.

ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Yeah, I'm hoping we only have minor problems to deal with. I've done my share of fixes while traveling with our past rigs, so if it happens it won't be the first time. I am going to take a good assortment of tools and repair supplies, for sure. We are not heading out the first day. I should have 3-5 days to sort it out first, in a heated building.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Congratulations on your new motorhome. We bought a 2013 Sunseeker directly from the dealer and it was relatively problem free we did have one little glitch, After we left the dealership and got close to home the check engine light came on so we took it to the local Ford dealer who spent 13 hours trying to detect the problem it seems it was a pinched wire underneath the frame. A few months later I call the dealership to get a front end alignment done on the coach the dealership refused to do the front end alignment so my only alternative was to take it to a local repair shop to get the work done. It cost me $135 but it was well worth it
Chas69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
I've had 2 new Sunseekers. On the first one, the first camping trip was just over the hill, intentionally, to try the unit out. Set it up, turned on the stove, no gas. We stayed the night, but no stove, heat or hot water. It turned out to be a defective regulator. Not Forest River's fault, but it was replaced and everything was fine afterwards. At home before the trip, it worked fine...

On the second new Sunseeker, although I did the driveway camping tryout, going down to Florida last spring, hit some nasty bumps going through Jacksonville. Our campground was an hour south or so, and when I got out, I smelled propane. Again, a regulator issue. This time, the vibration caused it to crack.

Lesson learned for me, carry a spare gas regulator. Besides some minor issues that could be fixed on the spot, nothing major to spoil the trip.

Now, a year after taking possession, I do have my outside kitchen door being replaced under warranty because of warpage however.

If you can, get everything up and running at home before setting out.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
We will have a few days to try things out before we go. I have access to a heated building so I can even put water in it. I will be testing all systems as best I can.