Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
Firestone riderite Air suspension

What is the correct pressure to be set at? I have a 2013 Forest River Sun Seeker 3010DS. E-450 V-10.
MSGCOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

What ever it takes to get the results you want. Mine has a leveling valve on the axle so it adjusts itself. I have no idea how much air it CAN put in the bags to keep the truck level,but I DO know that it is possible to seriously overload the truck and never know it with my system. When the truck is mt I would guess there isnt much in them because I can indent them with my finger if I poke at them. When the trailer is hooked up they feel rock hard to the touch.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

The air bags can be adjusted between 5 and 100 psi. Typically start at about 50-60 psi and adjust as needed to find the ride you like. Depends on many factors like load, whether or not you have a toad, etc. Higher pressure will be a little stiffer ride, which can help in crosswinds or with the rush of passing trucks.

When adding air, be careful. It takes very little. I use a tire inflator rather than a compressor to make sure not to overfill. They do tend to leak a little over time, so check at the beginning of each trip.

Trial and error will find the best for you. I use 65 psi with a full load and no toad.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 10-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGCOONS View Post
What is the correct pressure to be set at? I have a 2013 Forest River Sun Seeker 3010DS. E-450 V-10.
The Correct pressure is Self Imposed,but it is stated by Fac. that you should Always have 15 PSI in the bags,not Over 100 PSI Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #5

I have a set of hellwig, big wig air bags they can run as low as 5 pounds i run 8 pounds when not towing and i only run about 15 when towing that keeps it off the the overloads and stablizes the truck play with it and find the right setup for you

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension