Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #1

First Time Out/ Bad Start But Good Time

Purchased new on 2/23/15. This was the first trip out with her.

Arrived on a Sunday for a 5 day stay and the bedroom slide,a Schwintek, ran out about 4”, went cockeyed, and came to a stop. Tried to retract it, nope. The forward side would go in and out a couple of inches then stop because the rear side apparently was not co-operating.

Called Coachnet. Their fix was that they could have someone come shove the slide in so we could go to a dealer. Thanks but no.

Monday morning called Forest River and spoke to the eastcoast rep Travis .After telling him of the situation, my unwillingness to spend the remainder of my vacation crawling over the bed, and mentioning that there was a local RV repair service, he authorized the repair. 2 hours later, DixieSprings RV to the rescue. (Thanks Travis and can’t speak highly enough of these guys http://dixiespringsrvservices.com/)

This was the culprit.

Apparently there was an issue with this slide and someone had this motor out as it was wrapped in electrical tape. A wire got pinched and pulled. In addition there was double sided sticky tape stuck in one of the rails causing it to bind.

While piddling with all of this, note was taken of this

These rivets don’t exactly look factory. Somewhere along the way, somebody did repairs. I guess a little research needs to be done to find out what and where.

I still, after repeated attempts, have not been able to reset the alignment. The slide sort of alternates sides until it is out, withone side making contact about an inch before the other.

Having to burn vacation time to bring RVs to the shop is probably one of the very few things about ownership that annoys me.

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

There is a thread on this forum about getting the motors in sync. What I got was when you deploy or retract the slide, hold the switch for 30 seconds. The motors work by counting the revolutions. That is the the way I understand it. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #3

You can ask for a warranty repair list to date on your unit from FR. This may answer your questions. Just like you, had to learn this the lesson the hard way.
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #4

My 3050s has the same rivets or it looks just like yours mine also is new from the factory it has 3 on each end and Travis is a nice fellow I like him also

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #5

Be glad

Glad Travis is good. Also had trouble with seams. Our Rep told US to put silicone on it. Camper had been in the shop 6 months of the 11 months we have had it. Now we are just going to run it to death. Love camping irritated with FR
bryanteddie0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Rivets are factory. We add those as an extra precaution to the Lippert fasteners.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time