Old 11-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #11

As they say at the doctor's office, "we'll have to lance it." You will be happier when it's fixed. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #12
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiemark View Post
What did you use for gluing down the flooring?

Thanks,

Markiemark

The problem is the bolt coming up not the flooring coming unglued. We use beaufloor, a floating floor, so it's not glued down in every spot of the coach. It allows it to be flexible in the changing climate temperatures.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
The problem is the bolt coming up not the flooring coming unglued. We use beaufloor, a floating floor, so it's not glued down in every spot of the coach. It allows it to be flexible in the changing climate temperatures.
Josh,
I definitely realize that.
I’m assuming that cutting the floor in a high traffic area, may require some adhesive?

I really would like “Not cut the flooring”.
Still wondering how a lag bolt will go up, if a bolt came off bottom side, where it tightens pulling down.
To get this area, requires removing the storage compartment.

Had two owner’s, come back with having to cut floor (I assume tighten from above and replace part of the flooring).
I had the same issue in almost the same place. It was just out of warranty. The dealer called forest river and covered it under warranty. They had to tighten down the bolt and replace the flooring in that section. Hope it works out for you.”

Had the same thing happen. Bolt uplifted flooring. Husband put a very small slit screwed it back down and haven't had a problem since. Happened this spring and still tight and floor is fine. He only made the slit large enough to turn screw. He pressed flooring back down and it hasn't come back up. We didn't need to use any glue. Also helps we have a rug runner we put down when the slide is out which covers the slit. We check it periodically and still no further issue.”

Are there screws along with the LAG bolts?

Still trying to find the best solution and appreciate the information.

Mark
Old 11-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #14

No it was the lag bolt he screwed down. Still tight.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #15

Lag bolt doesn't have a nut on bottom
Old 11-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #16

We never saw a nut just screwed it down tight to floor.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #17

Ended up having flooring pulled up, instead of cutting, since it is in a main walking area, decided on keeping floor in tact.

Here is the screw........not a lag bolt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunseeker Floor.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	96127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunseeker Floor II.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	96128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunseeker Floor III.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	96129  
Old 12-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #18

Wow, that base was not ready for the floor to be installed! I hope that's not your blood there.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 03-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #19

Flooring Issue

Well my going the route of having a RV service center, to pull the slide and pull up the flooring up, to get to the above pictured screw back down, was short LIVED, the screw is backing out again.......................................... 3 Trips - after getting it fixed, the screw is backing out again.

Fortunately - The service Center is reputable and they are willing to give it a go again for us (although we want to find a proper fix). Scheduled for a return service here in next couple weeks. **Was tricky to pull up flooring without tearing it, first time, to access it, not sure how second time will go**

Joshua - is there any factory support on this issue? on understanding or getting to the true root cause of this??

Why would a screw in the floor keep backing out (I assume flexing of the flooring is causing this).

Is there a contact where my local service center can check with Forest River on fixing properly?

Appreciate any insight or support,

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiemark View Post
Ended up having flooring pulled up, instead of cutting, since it is in a main walking area, decided on keeping floor in tact.

Here is the screw........not a lag bolt.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #20

FR woud know for sure but the pic looks like as self tap metal screw and neither a lag or carriage bolt. If you can get the part # and manufacture they may have a remedy for incorrect installation. My bet is that if it is a self tap it was not place in perpendicular to the surface, backed out and reinstalled, or over torqued. Each condition can negate or degrade the fastener. If you pull the fastener your good old Machinery's Handbook will ID it for you....

For my liking if there is nut needed (carriage) use red permenant locktite, if not JBweld and reinstall.... visit a good flooring installer, most can make the floor fix invisible...

A good outcome is not far away.....

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring