Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Here's another suggestion that may not cost FR anything: On the 3100 move the city water connection an inch toward the rear of the coach. When a 90 degree fitting is installed the door for the sewer connection and shore line hits the fitting. Of course, there could be some wall framing that prevents that, but it would be worth checking.

Thanks, bclemens, for helping us out.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
itch'n to road trip
When we went to the rally last year..we spoke with several/many people who worked for FR that had NAEVER seen a finished unit. They don't camp or know ANYTHING abouyt rv-ing. REALLY? Wouldnt be nice to ask the folks who use the units?

But then on the other hand, when we went to the predelievry inspection unit... they were listeneing and taking pictures with their iphones. They had not clue either to the "on the road" problems we may encounter. Again... on one had a FR trailer, 5er, pop-up or even went camping.

I dont think htis is a problem that just FR has... I think this is a problem the whole industry has.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #13
I for one sure appreciate Mr. Clemens help. Im laying here in this fantastic bed in my Sunseeker 3010 in Beckley West Virginia off to the beach in the morning.

This is a very nice coach. We have not seen any Class C's manufacturer that we like better.

There are mods that need to be done. Winterizing, access under the bed, id like to see an option for larger tires, etc.

I'm an engineer, the other folks here are obviously power users of your products, how bout once a year invite 7 or 8 of us to the factory to work together on product improvement?

Just an idea!
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
Plain Old Member
I'm with MikeRP. A trip to Indiana for "design review". I'd be on board with that. A lot of the mods I've done really didn't cost a dime. Just my time. A simple adjustment of water inlet location, black flush location, access panels and on the list goes of things people want to see. Sit a bunch of people off of this forum around a table or motorhome, and you'd probably get the most user friendly, ultimate machine on a budget.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
I just wanted to through my 2 cents in. I agree with all about having some reps from this forum go up to FR once a year, the other thing they could do is open a topic here and ask for input on additions/changes etc. There is a forum for each make and model, just one topic, once a year under each. FR could then take this and filter the garbage out and keep the good stuff. Good Lord, I can't even imagine all the ideas they would get.

On another note, something FR could do that would not cost them anything. Provide the electrical and plumbing drawings with the unit. That has been my greatest complaint about FR, not supplying drawings. They have to be available, they could not build these RV's without them.
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2014 Ford Explorer/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We take great pride in focusing on "Value" not price.
Bclemens, thanks for participating in our forum. Your comment goes directly to the buying decision that most of us went through. We do have a range of price but it is usually the floorplan and features that are important to us that close the deal. I agree that the dealers are also a key component in the process. But improved access for components also mean reduced repair time/labor for them. Better turn-around and productivity.

User group input has been a major focus for the software industry and certainly helps improve the product to meet the buyers needs.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #17
one word.. modular...

if you take a modular approach to the build design, then almost anything we customers are asking for can be done. instead, the build implementation does not seem very well thought out, or the approach was so that less skilled workers would be able to put it together. however, i think that better engineering on the front end can alleviate the labor constraints in implementation.

i would love to sit in a focus group with the designers and engineers to talk shop on what works and what doesn't and how i as mechanically inclined owner would fix or work around these shortcomings.

ie: the def tank on my berkshire 390bh is near impossible to fill without making a mess. it's bad enough that def fluid comes in poorly designed containers, but the access is also horrendous. a few simple approaches like a filler tube and side swing doors would have resolved that.

got many many many other items to discuss, but i don't want to seem like i'm just complaining about the unit. it's a GREAT unit and i do appreciate the work that went into it make it what it is. just there is soooo much room for improvement.
himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
Value, not price. This makes sense to me :-)
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #19
Mr. Clemens,

I don't think anyone is saying you folks don't have a great product. My DW and I are just discussing the thoughtfulness that went into this Coach. However, a Power users group could be helpful in many ways besides some great ideas the advertising would be immense.

Hope you are able to work that up the line.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #20
Mod free 5er
Would love to sit in on a discussion group with the FR engineers.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote