Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #41

Forest River Class C quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Z View Post
We have a 2014 2650S, this was my first RV. So far I had a small water leak, factory forgot a small gasket. Was a 15 minute repair by dealer. Also the cable TV connection is pretty poor, antennae is fine. Have been running cable directly from site hookup to avoid behind the wall wiring. Cable reception fine so I know it is somewhere behind the walls. Perhaps it is antennae/ cable switch.

Slide, jacks, generator, water heater, fridge, awning all fine no problems. GPS subpar. Radio reception
average. Heating/cooling fine.

Handles easily (my first RV of any kind).

Only change I would do over is I probably would have went a little longer with the dinette AND sofa, north / south bed is nice but it is a pain accessing the cabinets over the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

You are aware of the cable booster button that you must push on and off for cable use and antenna use?
It is located in the upper cabinet where the cables junction on my 2860
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #42

We traded our 2014 2900 in for a 8289ws 5th wheel. While the were no major issue's with the 2900, there were little pesky issues that were easily fixed. I couldnt relax after driving long distances and still sitting in the Class C seeing the steering wheel etc. If your mobile then a class c is great. We like to homestead when we camp, so the 5th wheel suits us better.
Scootdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #43

We got a 3120 and although the coach had issues the dealer had trouble pinning down factory support was great to both myself and the dealer... This is the 3rd RV 1st Motor home i've owned and they all had issues that where mostly fixed by myself... bottom line is if i was in the market for another would i go back to the same dealer? well all 3 i've bought so far were from them so yes i would.. and 2 would I buy this brand again... that answer would also be the same,, yes i would..
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #44

Thanks

ScootDawg and Zook --

Thank you for your feedback on the Forest River quality. I understand that there will be some issues with our unit and that a lot of how we feel will depend on our dealers responsiveness to them. We have ordered our Forester 2651S and look forward to delivery in mid to late November. Thanks again for you time responding.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #45

We bought a 2014 Sunseeker 2860ds in February. Took maiden voyage out west for 2 weeks. Like most had a few minor items needing repaired that I was able to fix myself. Overall a solid coach, all major items work flawless. The only thing that sucks is the MAgnadyne radio and GPS. Considering replacing it. Can replace it for around 1200.00.
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #46

What radio would you put in? If mine can't be fixed, I will need to replace it.

Frank

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #47

I don't fault Forest River for that Magnadyne radio situation, Forest River must get these things cheap. Most of Forest river's target buyers are probably going to see the Magnadyne and think what a nice system to include only to realize later how limited the thing is. I personally have never been a fan of the built in GPS systems. They're never really up to date and in my experience if you try to buy one device that does everything you end up with a device that doesn't do anything very good.
These Magnadyne systems are cute and they fill the hole in the dash but if you want much more you're going to want to upgrade. Its the same as most other stock radios.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #48

Me either, but there are not many options in replacing this head set. Jensen, Kenwood and Pioneer all have similar radios but will require a whole lot of modification to the coach,s existing wiring to make it work. This radio is very capable just needs the bugs worked of the new software, that's all!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 10-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #49

The GPS functionality in the Jensen sucks too. The routing is way off.
The best part is you have to remove the head unit to get at the SD card to update the software. Like I'm going to do that every time they release a new version.

I use our TomTom or Garmin GPS when needed.
jst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #50

Sounds like the Magnadyne radio with Jensen's name on it!
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 10-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #51
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
The GPS functionality in the Jensen sucks too. The routing is way off.
The best part is you have to remove the head unit to get at the SD card to update the software. Like I'm going to do that every time they release a new version.

I use our TomTom or Garmin GPS when needed.
The micro SD card in the Jensen that we are running now is right in the upper right hand corner of the front (behind a little tiny cover). I have verified that myself.

Can you post a picture of the Jensen with the SD card in the back???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jensen.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	65123  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #52

Mr. Clemens, thanks for keeping us current.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The micro SD card in the Jensen that we are running now is right in the upper right hand corner of the front (behind a little tiny cover). I have verified that myself.

Can you post a picture of the Jensen with the SD card in the back???
You are correct sir. I went out and had a look tonight and to my surprise that little cover with the model number on it can be removed to expose an SD card slot.

I must have read on here that it was in the back of the unit and never bothered looking for it after that. I'll have to play around tomorrow and see how current the map is on this unit.

Thanks very much for pointing that out.
jst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzball View Post
I don't fault Forest River for that Magnadyne radio situation, Forest River must get these things cheap. Most of Forest river's target buyers are probably going to see the Magnadyne and think what a nice system to include only to realize later how limited the thing is. I personally have never been a fan of the built in GPS systems. They're never really up to date and in my experience if you try to buy one device that does everything you end up with a device that doesn't do anything very good.
These Magnadyne systems are cute and they fill the hole in the dash but if you want much more you're going to want to upgrade. Its the same as most other stock radios.
In 1 year I went through 2 magnadynes. Didnt care for either one of them.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #55

Two? What went wrong with both of them?
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #56

The class C had a grounding issue with the chassis. Dealer swapped out the first one, which wasnt the issue. So they hotwired it to the battery, I just had to turn it off when I was not on power. The second blew when I kept blowing awing fuses. Guess the chassis ground didnt fix it. Magnadyne was happy to talk with me on the phone, even though they couldnt troubleshoot it either,
Old 10-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #57
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Good to hear your comments on the 2300 We are ordering one soon..just sold our camper we had for 14 years we are ordering the 2300 with the sofa in place of the dinette we want more floor space we have dogs and we are getting the convection oven in place of the gas oven So glad to hear you are happy with yours we can't wait
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
Best advice is stay away from the internet. Buy want you like and enjoy it. The week I spent waiting to pick up my 2014 2250, made me sick. Reading all the horror stories.... About 15 nights in it over the last two months, no problems worth speaking of.
*update*
the charger/converter will ruin batteries if left plugged into power for days at a time. too small of wires for too long of a run, voltage drop something or other....

driver side wall replaced due to water damage. picked it up with the leak.

in wall slide out not functioning correctly. been at the dealer getting "fixed" for about two months....

I don't care that there were issues, what bothers me is to having the rv to use.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
My wife and I currently have a travel trailer and are seriously considering moving up to the Sunseeker 2650s. We have been unhappy with the quality of our Lance travel trailer and are curious how all of you feel with the overall quality of the Forest River Sunseeker Class C units.
We have looked for reviews on line but have not found much to base a rather large decision on. I would appreciate any thoughts or concerns.
Thanks in advance,
Alan
Hi Gill:

I just picked up my 2016 Sunseeker. I would HIGHLY recommend you read my post on the list of problems I had when I picked it up. Lots of great advice.

Bottom line, when you go to pick up the RV, don't plan on handing over the check. Go through it with a fine tooth comb, drive it and create a list of all the repairs it needs. There will most likely be many. Then tell them when the repairs are done you will be happy to pay for the RV. Don't do the "WE OWE" list.

Bill

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, forest river, quality