Old 09-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #1

Forest River Class C quality

My wife and I currently have a travel trailer and are seriously considering moving up to the Sunseeker 2650s. We have been unhappy with the quality of our Lance travel trailer and are curious how all of you feel with the overall quality of the Forest River Sunseeker Class C units.
We have looked for reviews on line but have not found much to base a rather large decision on. I would appreciate any thoughts or concerns.
Thanks in advance,
Alan

Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #2

I'm sure you will get lots of varying answers , but I have a 2014 3010DS and it has been great! Been on several trips and not one single problem. I probably just jinxed myself as we are taking it out again this weekend. Anyway, like anything with this many moving pieces some things are bound to go wrong but I've been very pleased with my unit so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #3

We have a 2013 3010DS also, Its been fantastic, There have been a few problems but all have been corrected. Getting ready to head back to Florida and many points in between. Have camped in it aprox 15 times. We love it. Sold our older 2004 Coachman Freedon 25ft, Wanted a bit more room, Miss some things about the old and love things about the new, Did the TT thing for many years and decided the MH was our best option. Good luck with what ever you settle on.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #4

We just bought a 2014, 2300. Only about 8 nights in it so far but love it. Ours has the upgraded mattress which I highly recommend. It makes it like home for me and my back. We could live in it, and heck, we just might some day
Old 09-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #5

Thanks

Thanks GJones, Kevin & Judy. I appreciate the feedback. I understand that each unit is an individual and things can go wrong. Those are not the things that concern me too much. It is the bigger things like the slide outs and overall systems that concern me. You read a lot of people's responses saying it the component manufacturer that is at fault but in my career if something fails frequently it is not spec'd properly, that falls on Forest River.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. We are excited about the future traveling in our Forest River
Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #6

Thanks

Thanks Docs Dad, the unit we are looking at does have the upgraded mattress.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #7

We bought a new 2700DS in May. So far it's been good aside for a few problems that everyone has. All minor so far and we are very happy with the purchase. We've camped out at least a dozen weekends this summer with one more to go and enjoyed every minute.

Time will tell about quality of the major components. I too worry about slides and some of the more expensive stuff failing that I can't fix myself. Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #8

Well mine is not new it's 31 ft and is great. Have had to tweeeeek a few things but it is really great. Just put theatre seating in to replace the jackknife sofa..very solid and well built. Would buy another!! Love my Sunseeker
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #9

Forest River Class C quality

I will mostly echo what others have said. We took delivery of our 3010ds in May and have been pleased. A few minor issues (backup camera problems, one window leaked, black tank flush cracked) but all fixed easily.

In reality most of the coach components are about the same across brands. Some better some worse but all average out.

My experience with other brands is limited to a mid 90s gulfstream and several Winnebagos. The older gulfstream had a lot of wood compared to the current models. I like the way our FR used the bonded walls and aluminum frames.

The more recent comparison is to two Winnebago class c models from 2005 and 2010. Very comparable quality. There is only one thing that Winnebago does far better.... That is their manuals which are specific to each model and availability of wiring and plumbing diagrams. Forest river is poor in that area.

In the end we chose forest river over Winnebago because:

1. Similar quality and components
2. Liked the FR floor plans better
3. Better value for the price.

We remain happy with our choice
Old 09-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #10

Thanks

Jst3, jgajloff, jrwalkerpa1 --

Thank you very much for your feedback, I truly appreciate it. We are leaning toward moving forward based on all the feedback we have received. It is easy to look at all the forums and read all the problems that people have had, you begin to wonder what percentage the Problems are out of the entire population of Forest Rivers sold. Thanks again for taking time to respond to my post.

Tags
class c, forest river, quality