Old 05-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #11
GM

You are assuming this was an engineering issue and not a production issue.

The prints ALL show the fill opening above the tank entry. We had this issue with another floor plan and I had them verify 100% of the floor plans about two years ago. I would say the issue here is a production guy going a little too fast and getting a little too sloppy.

So, no, the production guys don't read this forum. I however do take pictures like this and present to the production manger who passes that info onto the group leaders.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #12
Site Team

We have a fill hose that's basically a washing machine hose with one end cut off. (New machines come with rubber hose and we wanted the steel braid ones so the rubber got re-purposed for RV and garden use.)
I can stuff that fill hose deep into the RV fill port and fill with full pressure
and no blow back.
Glad you fixed your problem but just wanted to add this little hose has
come in handy many times!

1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:13 PM   #13

bclemens,
I wasn't assuming or picking on anyone and should have included FR Production. My intent was to see if this type of information would be useful to forest river. good to know you monitor. personally I have a 2008 Surveyor 303 that I have modified the rear slide from a couch & bunk to a washer dryer and wardrobe cabinet that better fits our needs. I bought the Surveyor used three years ago and have had only one issue a broken weld on the main slide, which I had beefed up on both slides. Any other issue were self inflicted. I wanted a V-Lite with bed & bath in the front, but couldn't talk the bride into it. I am happy with the Surveyor and keep up the good work.
2014 Sebastian Charleston,SC to Finger Lakes, Lake Erie, Lake Cowanesque,PA and home
2015 Sebastian to PA,NY,WI,MN,return to NY and home
2016 GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,OH,PA,NY,to Sebastian,FL
WSY DD693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If you take off the mattress, as I recall, the foot of the bed stays fixed (the wood platform) and just rests on the part that slides in and out...so if you lift that board from the end closest to the head of the bed, the whole thing lifts up.

Been a while though...my memory is not what is used to be.
Good memory! And nice design. I thought it was going to be a lot more work to get at the tank.

Although the source of the leak was were the hose attached to the fill hole on the outside. I pushed the hose on a little tighter, replaced the rusty clamp, made sure it was good and tight. No more leak.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #15

If you open faucets when filling won't that allow the tank to breath?
Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road trip View Post
Tank should have an overflow tube that would vent, I am not sure the faucet would work, I think the air would need to go thru the water pump which may restrict or prevent good flow.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
The water pump design will keep this from working. Make sure your vent is not plugged or a home for mud daubers.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
In a word, NO. Opening a faucet is just circulating water and what you are wanting to do is get the air out of the tank which is at the top of the tank and water outlets (other than the fill) are in the bottom or close to it. A vent tube at or near the top is the only place for a vent.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #19

Water tank

It's a widespread problem. Not too long ago, we had a Forest River Palomino Gazelle. Whenever we turned the AC on, it blew wood and rigid foam sawdust all over the place, all conveniently left there by the clown who installed the AC assembly. After we finished sweeping the floor and upholstery, I tried to figure a way to get into the AC housing to vacuum out the mess. Never able to do it and get rid of the problem. Since then, one of the first things I do when I buy an RV is look all through it carefully, vacuuming up all the sawdust, pieces of wire, assorted junk ranging from candy wrappers to soda cans ("What the heck was that noise?") Then I move on to finish screwing in all of the screws that were only installed half-way. After that, I get under the thing to gather up all the wiring that has been left hanging down and secure it up against the frame. I learned that the hard way when a piece of semi-truck tire I was forced to straddle took out a bunch of my wiring on a trip home to Florida. I think it's just a matter of crappy quality control by Forest River.
Kent
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdot View Post
It's a widespread problem. Not too long ago, we had a Forest River Palomino Gazelle. Whenever we turned the AC on, it blew wood and rigid foam sawdust all over the place, all conveniently left there by the clown who installed the AC assembly. After we finished sweeping the floor and upholstery, I tried to figure a way to get into the AC housing to vacuum out the mess. Never able to do it and get rid of the problem. Since then, one of the first things I do when I buy an RV is look all through it carefully, vacuuming up all the sawdust, pieces of wire, assorted junk ranging from candy wrappers to soda cans ("What the heck was that noise?") Then I move on to finish screwing in all of the screws that were only installed half-way. After that, I get under the thing to gather up all the wiring that has been left hanging down and secure it up against the frame. I learned that the hard way when a piece of semi-truck tire I was forced to straddle took out a bunch of my wiring on a trip home to Florida. I think it's just a matter of crappy quality control by Forest River.
Kent
?????

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank