Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
Fuel Shut Off

Can anyone tell me if there is a fuel shut off switch on the Onan generator, and where it is located.
We have a 2013 3010DS.
I want to drain the system for winter storage.

Mike & Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
Don't think so, at least not on my machine. A good idea though, with E-x fuel trapped in a dead end line (during winter storage). All the small engine driven machines seem to suffer ethanolitis over the winter. We try to religiously run the generator at least once a month all year long, but particularly over the winter.

Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
on our 2011 3170 with the 4000w Onan generator there is an electric fuel shut off in the bottom of the float bowl also right under the altitude adjustment there is a screw turn it counterclockwise this is your drain for your carb. make sure you also ad fuel stabilizer to your tank and run gen set and engine long enough to work it through the system i take mine on a half hour drive with the generator running. make sure gen set is cool before you drain the carb .
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
On my last trip each year I put Stabil in the tank. I run the generator to warm it up then disconnect the generator fuel line and run the generator dry. Since I am fortunate to have inside dry storage I don't worry about running the gen set periodically over winter.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote