Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #21

Gingsnap,

So where did you pull your power from for the frig?
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #22
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Hi ..We have an electrical outlet in the back compartment we plug it in there it is a small dorm refrig small freezer but works good to have the extra room to keep food stay camped for 4 weeks and do not have to go to the store
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #23

I have not swapped the door window out, but I did read it somewhere here on the site. If I stumble over it I will send it to you. As a cave dweller (that's one big reason why we are rarely seen or photgraphed) I installed a curtain over our door window to kill the light glare and installed blackout shades on all of the windows..

The frig is a great idea, our 2300 did not come with power in the back so I added it. We use a small freezer / ice maker in the back...

if you have not done so consider getting vent covers for your roof vents. It will greatly increase your leak protection if (when) the original plastic vent cover fails due to uv rays. I put on three maxair on our coach..

Another side note. Wally world had a right sized plastic tub that fits under the passenger front seat. We use it for electric plugs and gizmos....
Old 03-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #24

I don't know how I missed this thread until now - maybe because we have been on the road for the past three months and frequently have poor or no wifi.

The 2300 is perfect for two people wanting to stay our for long periods or go full time while staying mobile. We don't tow a car but still have no problem going anywhere we want to. Hiking is our thing and we have always been able to park at trail heads and state park lots. If you like to visit cities frequently, you might encounter parking problems at times. We tend to avoid cities as much as possible. I don't know if we will ever go FT, but I think we could do it with this rig if we wanted to.

I second Hoglou's suggestion for vent covers. Its nice to be able to open your vents during rain storms. Instead of a refrigerator, I put a six gallon compressor in the basement for topping up tires and air bags. That has been a great convenience. I can also use it for winterizing on the road if need be.

It was important to us to keep things small and simple. That meant keeping it at 25 ft. Or less and no slide outs. This three month + trip has been the first real shakedown since we bought the 2300 in October. We've only had a few small problems which I was able fix myself.

We're on our way home from Florida to Massachusetts and will be stopping in Ashland, VA where we bought our rig to have it checked over and have a few minor things looked at. I have to say that we have been very pleased with the performance of our Sunseeker.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #25

DW said wow! On the 90+ days... we are tooling up to do "extended stay" as I am going into partial retirement and DW is there already..

Do you have the curvy couch or dinette? Wonder how you maximied the space..

So what did you frequently use and not use? Always interested in refining our launch list.

We seem to have gravitated to non stick using the sunbeam enamal covered elect skillet and a teflon presto griddle the most.

Just added a farberware induction hot plate from wally world, and aviair 400P-RV.

Removed the magma nesting cookware and the factory water filter...

The stinky slinkly holder has still been the best add/mod to date..
Old 03-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #26

Funny you should ask about the curvy couch. We were in a Camping World today and looking at the recliners. If I didn't already have so many plans for my money, I'd drop the $1000.00+ for a couple right now. Then I'd extend the cable for the Television in the overhead bunk and get a stand so it could sit on the countertop opposite the seating. I built a box under the rear-most seat for keeping our hiking shoes handy.

The cabover bed has become a storage area. I built a holder for our folding biles. We also keep our cycling gear up there as well as storing extra TP paper and paper towels. Day packs are up there too.

We're using non stick cookware and have been buying induction compatible pieces with the intension of getting a cooktop in the future. Since we dry camp a lot, we will always need the gas range. We use the microwave for making tea and for cooking frozen foods when we're just too lazy to cook. The Furion Micro is a piece of junk, but it will suffice for now.

I'm planning to remove the water filter (We use an inline filter) and get a three stage system before we head out on the next adventure.

I like your slinky holder mod. I've been using the bumper and that's OK except that I'll have to paint the inside to get rid of all the rust that has formed in there. I'll have to think about doing what you did.

Next big mods will be better tank monitors and solor panels.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Old 03-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #27

couch wows

Give this a try with a bed pillow behind you. Leaning back on the big window. The induction plate was about 59.00 at wally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160309_155000.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	101467  
Old 03-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #28
2015 Sunseeker 2300

how do you post a picture?
Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #29

pic up load...

Select "go advanced"
scroll down to "attach files" and push manage attachments
push choose file in the first selection of upload computer file
a window will open to look at your storage files, pick one item per choose file
hit upload on the right side
Scroll all the way down to "close this window"

Hopefully.... da da
Old 03-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #30
2015 Sunseeker 2300

hope the picture posts I am having trouble with this this is our sofa we have the 2015 Sunseeker 2300 we did not get the dinette
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
Give this a try with a bed pillow behind you. Leaning back on the big window. The induction plate was about 59.00 at wally.
Yep, I can see how that would let you stretch your legs out which is impossible when the corners are filled up with the curvy cushions. It might be worth considering a custom made cushion to go across the whole wall.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #32

Great thread ..... How is the Full Timing going?

Alec
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:26 AM   #33

Needing to land

We have been living in our 2300 now for 7+ months. What an adventure... Camphosting in TX and the wilderness of NM . We have LEARNED so much!!! Probably have made every newbie mistake at least once... Adjusted many things, many times... Creativity, flexibility and humor... The keys to successful long term RVing. Now where would we put an inverter ... Since we do more boondocking. We are headed east to OK to help family, then home to our little house in MO for a while. Our renters decided to move to Arkansas. However, after meeting quite a few full-timers at our campground, we realized that few were entirely happy. HAVING A 'landing' place is good for us. We won't have much furniture, except our camp chairs and appliances and some things in storage... LOL We will see how long we can manage to stay put in the suburbs. Our next trip will be east to New England (where I am from) for an extended time... We know we now qualify for lots of volunteer (with reimbursement) jobs with the ACE, BLM, NFS or NPS. So that's cool. The 2300 has been great and our Jeep toad has been awesome!
janekeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #34

janekeffer, I'm so glad to know that you're enjoying your 2300. You're right about having a landing place. During our 3+ month trip, we took two breaks to stay with friends for a bit and even though we hate to see a trip end, it is always nice to arrive at home too.

Our 2300 has been idle since we returned home in March, but I have been working on some mods. The biggest one is a 200 watt solar installation along with some additional 12 volt and 110 volt outlets. We'll be on the road again in a few weeks on our way to Maine.

I understand your concern in finding a place for an inverter. The planning stage was the most difficult with the solar install because it is so hard to find places for all the equipment in a small rig like the 2300.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #35

Would be interested to know how this project goes. And... You will love Maine!!!
janekeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by janekeffer View Post
Would be interested to know how this project goes. And... You will love Maine!!!
The project is mostly done except for learning the ins and outs of the charge controller and trimetric monitor. I just took some pictures of everything and hope to post about it soon.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #37
Love My Sunseeker

Yikes! How do you do it? I'm in a 32 foot and I don't want anyone else in with me! But then a dude named Mike Wendland does it in a Class B....

Roadtreking - Roadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog

Ok, I just realized that "sounded" weird..... "Does it in a Class B." I mean Full Time....

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #38

Great thread and very interested in all the mods. We installed recliners from Sam's Club in place of the dinette and it made so much of a difference in confront.
lexstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Yikes! How do you do it? I'm in a 32 foot and I don't want anyone else in with me! But then a dude named Mike Wendland does it in a Class B....

Roadtreking - Roadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog

Ok, I just realized that "sounded" weird..... "Does it in a Class B." I mean Full Time....
I'm more agreeing with you. My wife and I plus a dog in a 35' 5er ~~ it gets crowded after about 3 months. Returning to 3000 sq ft of sticks & bricks for a couple weeks is enough for hitch itch to set in and be ready for the road for a week or month or two again. Wondering if 42' will help prolong the time away.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote