Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #11
Sorry for the common question. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Jlklingejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Jlklingejr View Post
Sorry for the common question. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Not a problem. If ya don't know....ya gotta ask.....right?

There is quite a bit to these campers. Nothing hard, but alot to learn especially if you're new at it.

I had been camping for many years and when I first seen the Dometic digital thermostat, well it took me a little bit to get it down. Really threw me for a loop the first few times I heard it shut down for a few seconds while changing from Hi fan to Lo fan using the AC in the Auto mode.

I also remember once thinking the gas side to my hot water wasn't working. It was our first trip of the season and I had turned the electric side on while setting up and decided to check the gas side the next morning. Well nothing happen. I thought it was messed up until it was pointed out to me that the electric had already heated the water and there was no need for the gas to kick on since the water was already hot.

Anyways, if you don't know...ask. Might be something simple or it might not, but ya gotta ask to find out.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
There are no stupid question and I will continue to ask them myself
I never saw a Hearse towing a Trailer
'71 Dads VW camper pop up Van
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #14
Heat Pump?

I'm also a newbie to all this and although you get a book full of manuals when you collect your camper, the one you want never seems to be there!
We have a relatively new crusader 295rst and living in Florida have never had to use the furnace until last night, when the temperature got down to the low 40's.
I too had the same issue that the a/c fan was running at the same time so was thankful to read the various posts that said I needed to put the fan on Auto - (never got a manual for the thermostat and it was set on HI from the factory!!!)
Mine only has three options fan, cool, furnace, so I figure my rig does not have the advantage of a heat pump?
My question therefore is even though I'm connected to a 50 amp supply right now the only way I can get heat (other than keeping the electric fireplace heater going all night) is by using up my propane gas?
Does anybody out there have any info on how much gas you would use if you kept the thermostat set at say 60F, all night with an outside temp of around 40F.
Would that be a practical thing to do or would you just buy more blankets??
Also another dumb newbie question, what happens when the gas bottle is empty - does everything shut down and do you get any kind of error/warning message???

Richbam is offline   Reply With Quote