Old 09-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Furnace Operation

I am still learning how to operate my RV. I have used the furnace in the past but I was not connected to shore power. Everything was fine and the furnace was nice an quite.

I was just testing everything out today and I noticed that when I turn on the furnace, the A/C comes on (I am assuming in heat pump mode). Is this normal. I do not want this because the A/C unit is rather loud. Is there a way to make sure the A/C does not come on when in furnace mode?

Here is a pic of my Thermostat.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	62291

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 09-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #2

Change the fan operation to auto.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #3

Furnace Operation

To elaborate. Press On-Off until it is set to "Fan". Use +or- key until display shows AU instead of LO or HI. Use On-Off to return to Furnace.

When fan is set to AU (Auto) it comes on with the Air Conditioning or Heat Pump and cycles on and off as needed. When set to Hi or Lo, it will run continuously whenever Air Conditioning or Heat Pump is selected. When Furnace is selected, the overhead (AC) fan will come on whenever the furnace is running (the condition you were experiencing). Of course, the Air Conditioning, Heat Pump, and its fan need 120v to run so this will only happen when on shore power or generator. The furnace (and its fan) only need 12v to run.

Note that the heat pump is not involved in this situation, only the fan. It you want heat pump, you need to set the thermostat to heat pump.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 09-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #4

I just figured this out on the weekend myself. Couldn't figure out why the A/C fan would never shut off. Then it was running when the furnace was on so I thought it must be a FAN setting.

I was impressed how quiet the furnace is in these things.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Operation of the digital thermostat has been confusing for several of us, myself included, but once you understand it you shouldn't have any problems.

Use the On/Off Mode button to select FAN. Then use the +/- button to select either Hi, Lo or Auto.
When using the AC and the fan is in the Hi or Lo setting it will run continuously while the compressor will cycle on and off.
In the Auto mode the fan will cycle on and off as well.

If the fan is set on Hi or Lo while using the furnace the AC fan will run continuously, so be sure to set the fan on Auto when using the furnace.
You can, however, leave the AC fan running while using the furnace to help with condensation problems.

After setting the fan, Use the On/Off Mode button to select COOL for AC use.
Use the +/- button to select the thermostat temperature setting.
Use the same procedures for the Furnace.

When using the AC, in the Auto mode the fan will run on high when the room temperature is 5 or higher than the thermostat setting.
When the room temperature drops to within 4 or less than the thermostat setting, the fan will stop for a few seconds then start again in the Lo mode.

Hope this helps.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
GM

Is there some way to key word this, or sticky it or something. I think this question gets asked on a weekly basis. Oh, wait...maybe a sticker by the T-stat. I'll see if I can get dometic to cover that.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Is there some way to key word this, or sticky it or something. I think this question gets asked on a weekly basis. Oh, wait...maybe a sticker by the T-stat. I'll see if I can get dometic to cover that.
What about a hangtag that gets hung on the thermostat? That lets the user see it and remove it easily. If you wanted to get real fancy- the hang tag could have a sticker on it if the owner wanted to apply it to the wall.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
Average Joe

Perhaps a small neon sign that's motion activated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #9

This is the stuff the dealer is supposed to go over with you
And you take notes with a pad and paper or you make a verbal into your smart phone
I was given this tidbit in a book I read on buying an RV
Don't get me wrong they didn't cover everything but most of the basics
I'll be starting a thread later trying to figure out what in the heck a little white remote does?????
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think a proper dealer pdi would have prevented this!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"

Tags
furnace