Originally Posted by lbrjet
I would personally pocket the 900 bucks and put it aside and apply it to the 'gap' (assuming there is one) in the unlikely event you total the unit in the short term.
Thank you all so much for giving me different perspectives to consider while I made this last minute decision.
Many things made this a costly bet against ourselves, and a poor value if we intend to stay ahead of the depreciation value or pay off the loan entirely over the short term.
We decided to cancel and hope for the best outcome.