Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
2003 Sunseeker 3100SS
2003 31 Foot Sunseeker 3100SS and i am getting 8.6 MPG.....keeping it under 65 MPH though.

Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
I have a 2004 Sunseeker 3100SS, I get between 7-8 mpg. Since I live in Colorado, if I even look at the mountains, it drops to 6.

By the way, when I fill up, I am limited to $75 which *barely* fills the tank if I'm below 1/4.

MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #23
2008 31 Foot Sunseeker 3100SS and i got 6.9 MPG this last October driving 65MPH from Florida to Helen Ga and back pulling a Colorado Truck. On the flat roads of Florida it is between 7 - 7.5 if i drive 55.
jaxfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
V10 gas mpg

Has anyone added the Banks system on their V10? I wonder if it really does help with the mpg as well as increasing the horsepower enough to justify the cost.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Class C or class A

Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
Seven is not all that bad considering the unit. I'm trying to steer away from a Class-A because of the far greater weight, more sail area and numerically higher rear end. Besides, there are just the two of us and we like smaller campgrounds, some of which are not really set up for for the bigger rigs.
We were torn between a class C and a class A. Honestly they were all but identical. The engines and chassis are the same. What prompted our decision to go with the A over the C?

The A has automatic levelers. HUGE time saver expecially when it's cold, dark, windy, snowy (like today), or rainy outside.

The C has an overhead bunk in the front which honestly was one of it's great appeals. It also had a tub shower rather than the Class A's shower only. Now I put a buspan (grey pan used in restaurants for bussing dishes) in the bottom to bathe the children.

The other advantage that the A had over the C was the storage space - oodles rather than just quite a lot. So much so that I bring the kid's plastic picnic table (doesn't weigh much) and we have the room.

As for fitting into tight spots, the A has a tighter turning radius than our 3/4 ton long bed extended cab pick up. Height is also a concern. The similar class C was 3 inches shorter.

I don't think the sail area is really any different. I don't find that wind affects the driving nearly as much as road surface.

I would concentrate more on what configuration inside suits your needs the best. If it is only the two of you perhaps the overhead bunk in the front really isn't necessary. Perhaps more "living area" desks/workspace is important. For us storage underneath and heated underneath storage areas were important. Of course right now there is 4" of snow on top of our rig!

2011 Georgetown 320DS new June 2010
days camped in 2010: 61
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

sunseeker le