Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #21

Motorhome is at the cummins service center hopefully I will know something tomorrow!
Beards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards79 View Post
Motorhome is at the cummins service center hopefully I will know something tomorrow!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Yes sir I do. You can also have the wife hold it to the block and have her grab the metal part of the plug as she does and watch her jump! She didn't jump. No spark. Lol
I did not laugh on this one, wink, wink.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #24

I had a similar problem with my 2017 new unit. Ran great at first. Then a little tough starting. Then the run a bit and shut-down but. Then no start. After trying to unsuccessfully start I pulled the air filter housing and filter to find it damp with fuel. Pulled dipstick and oil had gas.
Took to an authorized Cummins dealer... New carb, gaskets, filters and oil and she's back to purring right along.
BigPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #25

Generator is back up and running and it was a faulty ignition coil. Makes since beings I wasn't getting any spark but I sure hope the new last more than 19.8 hrs! He also said in order to change the coil the whole gen had to be remove from the coach in order to get to it! What a crap design!

I can guarantee you that if I ever have to remove the gen myself to do this job I'll be adding some wire and moving the coil to a area that easier to get to!
Old 08-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Generator is back up and running and it was a faulty ignition coil. Makes since beings I wasn't getting any spark but I sure hope the new last more than 19.8 hrs! He also said in order to change the coil the whole gen had to be remove from the coach in order to get to it! What a crap design!

I can guarantee you that if I ever have to remove the gen myself to do this job I'll be adding some wire and moving the coil to a area that easier to get to!
Glad to hear you're all set!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #27

Quote:

Good news! Good luck!
Yeah, when warranty or the customer is paying the Gen needs to be pulled, or at least claimed to be, for just about any repair it seems, lol. Mine just needed to be removed for a carb install under warranty... A carb that is right in your face when you take off the cover, lol.
I've already decided that the first time (hopefully never) I have to pay out of pocket to have it "taken out" I'll also go for the install of the slide out tray at the same time. Thereby, eliminating future removals.
I think all the coach manufacturers should just include the slide out tray as standard but that's easy for me to say, I know.
BigPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
Good news! Good luck!
Yeah, when warranty or the customer is paying the Gen needs to be pulled, or at least claimed to be, for just about any repair it seems, lol. Mine just needed to be removed for a carb install under warranty... A carb that is right in your face when you take off the cover, lol.
I've already decided that the first time (hopefully never) I have to pay out of pocket to have it "taken out" I'll also go for the install of the slide out tray at the same time. Thereby, eliminating future removals.
I think all the coach manufacturers should just include the slide out tray as standard but that's easy for me to say, I know.

Couldn't agree more with the slide out tray, that is something I'll def be getting for sure when I have to work on it! And you are also right about the carb, heck the spark plug is harder to get to than the carb and it's easy!
Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 AM   #29

Personally, Onans are over rated. Had a Gen Rad in the last coach, much easier starting and more reliable in my estimation. Have an Onan now in the new coach, sorry I did the "upgrade"....
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote