Old 03-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Cool Genset battery source

I had a strange one today during my monthly run ups of the Chevy and Onan. The Chevy wouldn't start as well as the Onan. The MH battery indicated fully charged.

I guess I assumed the Onan used the MH batteries to start. I also tried the battery cut over switch under the seat and nothing. The Chevy would not start until I jumped it. Then the Onan fired right up

I also keep he battery switch off between run ups.

Any ideas guys and gals.

Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
I know on my Sunseeker the generator starter is powered by the coach batteries by experience of running down the coach batteries and review of my circuit diagrams, but it is a Ford. Chevy may be different. You need to review the circuit diagrams if you have them or check with your dealer. Concerning the battery cut over switch circuit, there were problems with the circuit on those units made at the end of 2011 and early 2012. It was a simple fix to install a fuse that was not left out at the factory.

ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
It sounds like a lot of folks are having the same type issues. I have the 2013 Chevy 2450S. I just found out that you have to have your 12V switched on in order for it too charge. So when you run the Chevy, plug it in to shore power, driving down the road, running the generator you need to turn the 12V on in order to properly charge. With the 12V off and plugged in you will show 4 pretty red dots, when you turn the 12V on all by itself you may only see one. I figured this out, took me the whole winter though!!
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote