Old 09-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #11

Don't panic yet. Those spider-like patterns can simply be in the clear coat finish. They may be completely harmless. Likely your water leak is at the seam and can be easily fixed.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

Old 09-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #12

Deaver, should I have a sealant problem again between the fiberglass cap and fiberglass roof - I will remove all the self-levelling sealant, clean, and install Eterna-Bond tape. I would run a couple parallel strips along the joint. That is the best product out there for sealing joints and transition.

Bobby

Old 09-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #13
GM

1. carfax is only for accidents and insurance repairs.
2. Try not to jump to any conclusions. I can source (and if you search you can find them) when a dealer said there was a huge crack and all it was, was a paint line gap or caulk line. Or a customer said we were negligent because a support structure was bent (when it was just a plastic box around a support not the actual support).
3. any warranty items are noted in the file and that file is on record for ever. If there are other issues that come up related to that same issue we can see what work was done and if its out of warranty address it on a case by case.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #14
kcs

Water Leak

Thanks for all the replies and yes it would be smart of me to calm down and not get too far ahead. I can only relay what I have been told and without first hand knowledge, quickly make some assumptions. Not too smart on my part. That's is why I prefaced the question the way I did. I appreciate the Rep. coming on and saying what he said. I truly believe it will be repaired correctly and that may be the end of it. Or, it could very easily go the other way and I am sure the internet is full of horror stories. Sometimes it just helps me to look at a problem from many different aspects, good and bad. That way you can be prepared to handle the matter appropriately when the time comes. The one positive thing I can say is the repairing dealer and Forest River are trying to get to the bottom of this. To me that speaks volumes regarding doing the right thing. Customer service these days can be a downright dissapointment. Not here and I hope it doesn't change.

Regarding the water leak, it is my understanding it is in the upper left corner of the roof. And the water is getting between the cab over, the side gel coat and the interior wood wall, thus the potential for water damage. That is why I am concerned!

I must fill you guys in on something. Not once in our quest to find a new TT did I ever imagine it would be this unit. I actually had a Toy Hauler picked out and was about to buy it myself. Wife chimed in and said she wanted a motorhome. So, the arguments started to the point she said thats what I think we need and I will just pay for it. Now, jump 9 months later with the rv in the shop, it has now suddenly become my fault for allowing her to buy this unit. I CANNOT WIN!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
GM

sounds vaguely familiar. The not winning part.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #16

Ok. Given the walls are a synthetic material (Adzel), this shouldn't be a problem, right? Just fix the leak and let it dry.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #17

Azdel is the underlayment of the exterior gel-coat, the interior walk panel is still on luan. At least up to my 2014 model that's how it is.

Bobby
Old 09-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #18

My buddy has a new Coachman Class C and his has the Azdell inside and out.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #19

Well it's easy enough to check. Remove the interior window frame trim piece. You can see the cut edge of the interior panel and tell if its luan or azdel.

Bobby
Old 03-25-2017, 01:01 AM   #20
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We have a huge leak a Sunseeker we bought new May 2016. I just want to subscribe to this.

Tags
leak, water, water leak