Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #1

Got our new 2290s yesterday

We picked up our new 2020 2290s yesterday, we traded the 2700ds for it. The new one has solar panels and swivel driver and passenger seats. Looks like they did a very good job of putting this one together. The only thing I don't like is the backup camera setup, instead of the monitor being mounted on the windshield its in the dash mounted Sony radio. It displays the camera rear view when your in reverse and side views when the turn signals are on but there is no rear view when you are driving so I can't see if my toad is still there. Looks like I am in the market for a toad camera. They did give me a rearview mirror.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #2

You should check the home settings. In my 2019 3010ds i can manually chose rear camera while driving. This would allow you to see your toad and possibly save money and not have to buy another camera system
Old 08-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #3

I have a new Sunseeker with the Sony in dash radio. I am able to thumb through the touch screen icons to “Camera”, and turn the camera on full time. It’s stays that way even after turning the key off and back on. This is one of the features I verified before purchase. I don’t use the radio for anything besides that camera.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies I will chk it out. Just finished hooking up my surge protector this one was a lot easier to get to, just had to move the mattress and a piece of plywood. My othet MH you had to remove drawers to get to the wiring.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #5

Got the camera working to my liking thanks again for the replies. Been installing vent covers got one on and quit for darkness do the other one tomorrow. Get some bins to store socks and stuff in the wardrobe and we should be ready to roll.

Tags
sunseeker