Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Junior Member

GPS

It did not take too long after taking delivery of our MBS that I realized that the stock GPS is almost worthless. The text is much too small to see unless you have your eyeballs on the screen and the touch screen is less than responsive and at times refuses to respond at all. I gave up on it and bought a Garmin RV760 and the difference is like night and day! Jensen should either update their system and make it usable or remove that feature altogether.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

The system that came in our Legacy was garbage, too. Did like you and got the RV760 - love it! Only use the in-dash system for the cameras. For sound, we got a wireless Bose speaker and set it up in its cradle on the kitchen counter (plugged in and won't move around), then connected with our iPod. Fantastic sound! SO much better than those two 3" speakers the FR folks decided to mount on the ceiling, hidden behind the electric bunk!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #3

I would love to have an RV 760lmt.

My birthday is in 2 days.

Hint….Hint.....
Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #4

I am using a Garmin, though it is not the RV model. Have you found that the RV features of the RV model are worth it?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

gmacklem: Believe it or not, I really do feel the RV features are useful. I had the same question before I bought it but was greatly pleased. The routing is different for RV's than for cars driving to the same end point. It compensates for vehicle weight, size, height, etc.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #6

My 2017 MBS 2400 w came with a Jensen BX7020 head unit, which I think is a pretty common unit for Forest River. At first I had a lot of trouble with the sound cutting out when using the CD or Blue Tooth player. I spent some time going through the set-up, and in the process told the GPS system to stop talking to me. The sound stopped cutting out, and I find the GPS to actually work quite well. Inputting the destination is slow at first, as it is searching the world for the location with each keystroke. But, once it is set, I really like the results.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #7

It talks to you. I couldnt figure out how to make it talk. I will be looking into the RV garmin though.
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote