Old 09-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #31
I too had the issue with radio noise (static mostly as I have a difficult time getting a good signal on the Magnadyne) while using the GPS. Now I do what the few posters above had said. That is, turn on an unused audio source such as USB or AV# and then go to GPS. Audio is silent except for GPS. It works.

paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #32
Used the Magnadyne in my Solera the last couple of days and it worked flawlessly. Found it was not difficult to set up. I had brought my Garmin along because of what I had read on the forum. The Magnadyne is fine as far as I am concerned. Updating might be a different matter.

Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #33
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It's an aftermarket radio....any radio could be a direct replacement. It's a double DIN unit. This just happens to be the ONLY dash radio we could find at the time that was 5.1 compliant. We tried using separate DVD players and none of them seemed to be mobile all the bouncing around created problems.

I guess I would need you to elaborate on "Sub standard".

Redhawk: radio only, no dvd or even CD, no GPS, no 5.1 surround, no bluetooth
Thor: CD only, no dvd, no gps, no 5.1 surround, no iPod connector
Winnie: CD only, no dvd, no gps, no 5.1 surround
Coachmen: Jensen radio & cd player. No dvd, no gps, no 5.1, no iPod dock

So I think it is beyond what other Class C's offer as standard. Is it "sub standard" to my Yamaha home theater receiver, PS3 Bluray player and tom tom navigation system? Probably.

You can easily add a Bluray player. All of our TV's have HDMI inputs.
Bravo Brian! I recently bought or Forester and compared many of the "standards" between FR and others. I found myself often wondering why the competition didn't have this or that after touring both Sunseekers and Foresters. I think your units try to have the latest technology and you all do the best you can with what is out there for the RV/12 volt industry.
I can go on and on with praises about amenities of the FR line compared to others makes. It may not always be perfect and simple but I give an "A" for effort.

While on the topic of the Jensen television available connectors; it's worth mentioning the VGA input too. Many off us bring laptops on trips and those can double as media players or use the TV as a super-size monitor.
I have laptop with HDMI output and a USB Blu-Ray to plug in if I really wanted hi-def experience.

For maps I use either my Garmin or my phone but I have used the Magnadyne GPS while the family enjoyed a DVD on the same. All worked well.

For those wanting something above the standard Magnadyne; Clarion, Pioneer, Pyle and others all make double din HD DVD players and some have GPS and sirius but as Brian mentioned, they are lacking on the 5.1. They also are up there in co$t.

bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #34
Love My Sunseeker
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post pair your phone via Bluetooth. Play some music and when you get to a busy city, just "pause the music" on your phone. It will mute the music without muting the gps directions.

Unacceptable. I should NOT have to do that. Do I have to have an I-Phone? I don't have an I-Phone. Just a regular cell phone. I don't think my cell phone plan allows that, I'll have to check.

Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
DXSMac - have you tried the "work-around" from the Magnadyne M4 website FAQs?

M4-LCD Magnadyne Touch Screen GPS Navigation Car Stereo

Q3: How do I turn off the radio sound but still hear the navigation prompts
Answer:To turn off the radio sound and still hear the voice commands from the navigation system, select a source that is not being used such as AVin2 or USB. Touch the HOME button and select the new source. The main volume control on the unit’s fascia will adjust the navigation volume. "

I don't like the GPS talking to me - turn that feature off - so I haven't tried this out.

Hope this helps -

This answer makes sense. I'll try this.

JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote