Old 04-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
Grey water blockage

2013 3010DS

I have quite the issue... My grey water drains quite slowly. I have removed Y Blade valve to make sure the blade is opening all the way... Opens just fine. I ran a snake up the pipe after removing the blade valve and it almost feels as it there might be a drain cutout or something above the 1 1/2 to 4" transition. Has anyone had to deal with this? see the attached pic.... Sorry.. It loaded my pic upside down

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	106233

osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
I had the same thing happen on our 3170DS. What I found was when they hole-sawed the floor in the coach for the drain pipe to enter the tank, the floor cutout fell into the tank. The installer made no attempt to get it out and my coach was delivered with that piece floating around inside the grey tank. I always had slow drain, One day it became lodged in the elbow in my sewer drain compartment. I had to cut the pipe to get it out.

Once the obstruction was removed, the tanks emptied beautifully.

hunt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Leaving the cut out in the tank(s) seems to be a constant problem, regardless of the manufacturer.

My Holiday Rambler DP I bought new in 2007 had the same problem, except it was in the black tank. Luckily, the cutout was slightly smaller that the drain pipe and, after many tries, I was finally able to get the darn thing out. I have a friend that had cut outs in both the gray and black tanks on his Tiffin DP - he made the dealer fish them out!
Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Sunseeker 3050DS towing 2006 Hummer H3

WayneLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #4
I had all kinds of junk in my gray tank. it took several times to get it all out. I used my inspection camera with a hook on the end to grab it and pull it out. I think it's all out now. I just hope it doesn't happen to the black tank.
Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
I bought an inspection cam on Amazon for 18 bucks. I could see the blockage... Drain cutout... Taped the cam to a snake and then taped a hook to the end of the snake... Pulled right out... Drains great... No owner should ever have to deal with that.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote

grey water, water