Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Jdk

Has anyone removed dinette in 2300?

After traveling 5500 miles in our new 2014 2300 Sunseeker, the one thing we really missed was a comfortable chair in the evenings. I was thinking about taking out the bench seat. Behind the drivers seat. I want to leave the bench with the seatbelts since the grandkids travel with us some. Also leave the table. I was measuring and think I could find a chair to fit in there. Has anyone taken out that bench seat? Can it be taken out without damaging anything so it could be put back if need be?
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #2

Go look at a gravity chair that will fit in front of the stove. I camp there and DW lays out curvy couch during tv time at night....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #3

We removed the booth that didn't have seat belts and the electrical outlet. An office chair fits nicely. Storing the bench until we need it again or sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
Jdk

Was it easy to remove? Our electrical outlet in on the other bench.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #5

Truly a 30 min job with a screwdriver. Take off the cushion and remove the piece of plywood held on by one screw. See what your screws look like. Remove. Pick up booth frame and remove from camper. Very small screw holes remain and I purchased a pretty door mat to cover that spot. The wall looks fine. We have a 2007 Sunseeker.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
Jdk

Thanks I'm going to have a closer look at it this afternoon.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
Jdk

Took the plywood off the front dinette bench. It has a black speaker and wires coming out of the floor in front. Spray foam is over the wires so not sure how big the hole is. Can probably deal with all this and make it work but not sure if the bench itself will just lift out after removing screws. Metal staples hook the metal frame to wood strips in the floor. Really don't want to tear it up getting it out. Will have to think it over. A gravity chair is sounding like a better idea.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #8

we have two benches. One has an electrical outlet and other reasons that made us not move it. The other one did not have spray form or any type wire.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 AM   #9

Just removed the dinette bench seat on my 2009. Easy until....square headed screws mounting it to floor. Ugh. Luckily neighbor had the needed drill bit. Love the extra space though. Wasn't impressed with the workmanship inside the seat. Bent brackets, inferior wood quality, paper thin drawer bottom. Belongs at the dump IMO.
blythepyrate is offline   Reply With Quote