Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #1

HDMI wiring

Just spent some quality time with John Pagano at the Ft. Myers show. He told me that the new sunseekers were coming thru with hdmi wiring as standard. I was interested in the 2800 gts model but when we looked, we were unable to confirm that that model also had hdmi. He suggested that I post this question on the forum and that Brian may have an answer.
Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

HDMI wiring? HDMI is for connecting audio/video devices. I'm a bit puzzled as to what HDMI wiring is.
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznsa View Post
HDMI wiring? HDMI is for connecting audio/video devices. I'm a bit puzzled as to what HDMI wiring is.
Could this be used to connect a second TV to a Dish satellite receiver so you could have an option of which TV to watch?
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Could this be used to connect a second TV to a Dish satellite receiver so you could have an option of which TV to watch?

I suppose that could be the case. In that case, I would think it would be an additional cable leading to the 2nd TV.
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

plc connect

the only reason I would want it is if I want to connect my computer to the tv, to watch netflix or fox news, if it does not have this option then I would later upgrade to a smart tv with wifi, the smaller tv's a getting cheaper these days, other than that not a big deal, do not the cable runs parallel through the coach, you could use those for communication also
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

While Brian does scan the forum occasionally, I should remind everyone that he is a member here just like the rest of us and comes and goes as he has time.

If you need a quicker answer, a PM to him might be faster.

You might also try contacting Sunseeker directly.

FR does not own or support this forum. We exist solely as a result of income received from google ads. Thank you for supporting our advertisers.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #7

I wish my coach was prewired with HDMI cables so I could have HD SAT to my TV's. Have to settle for SD SAT using existing coax. Installing HDMI cables now would be a nightmare.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
Commercial Member

oooh, no PM's if possible. My inbox fills up faster than I can delete them.

I'm not sure what he meant by HDMI? IF you get the front entertainment center, we ARE wiring an HDMI plate to the wall of the cabinet. That way you don't need to take the TV down to add an HDMI connection to the TV (Blu-ray player, game, or HDMI connection from Sat).

As for the rest of the unit we do not have a good solution yet. To get over the air channels, we HAVE to run coax to every TV. There is no getting around that.

What we have talked about doing, is an HDMI switch box in addition to the coax. One in Four out. So theoretically you could have one HDMI connection that would feed the outside TV & bedroom TV.

But we are just in research stage at this time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Commercial Member

You do have direct access to the TV on the 2800. So there is HDMI input on there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring