Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1

Exclamation Head scratchin questions?

Does anyone know where I can get an Owners Manual for my 04 Sunseeker? My wife and I are rookies to RVing and we purchased our 04 Sunseeker used and thought it came with an owners manual for all the furnishings, but all it came with is the one for the motor.

Does such a thing exist? I need the one that shows you how to run the A/C, Heater, Refrigerator, Stove, etc. I know that most of these items are sort of "self-explanitory" but, I'd like to read up on where/how my water heater works, and the HEATER itself. We tried camping this last weekend and the temperature went from 70 deg down to 29 deg in about 3 hours and I wasn't prepared for that. Couldn't figure out how to get the heater working, or to quick drain the water tank so it wouldn't freeze. I can fix a million dollar airborne radar system, but this RV is feeding me humble pie on a regular basis.

And just as a trivia question...Does anyone know what a "ARTIC PACK" is? There is a red switch just below my BATT/GRAY/BLACK/H2O/LPG gauge panel labeled "ARTIC PACK" and I have no idea what that is?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

The Schroeder's
- 2 Kids, 6 and 10
- 1 Schnoodle
- Days Camped in 2009 - 2 (and counting!!!)

Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Good luck finding a manual. I'd call the mfg and see if they can provide you one. Most of the RV's come with little more than the appliance manuals (which you can download from the websites of the individual mfg's). Your heater (furnace) works like a stick built furnace. You might not have had the gas on so it wouldn't light. Other than that it's just turn the thermostat to heat and set the temp.

The 'Artic Pack' is tank and line heaters. It's electric heaters on your holding tanks and drain lines to keep them from freezing. Turn it on when it's going to freeze.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Your best bet is to make a list of all of your appliances and if possible include the model # and serial #. Your water heater is either Atwood or Suburban, Refrigerator is either Dometic or Norcold, AC is most likely Dometic. Go on-line to their websites and it's very possible you can downlaod the information or at least get a customer service number to call.
Your Arctic Pack is designed to come on if activated by the switch when the temperature gets down to 44 degrees so it will keep water from freezing in the tanks and the fittings at the drain areas. It may but doesn't necessarily protect the water lines within the coach/trailer. They rely on the furnace and radiant heat within the vehicle to keep them from freezing.
In order for your furnace to operate you need to be sure your Propane Tank is turned on, you have propane, the Safety leak detector inside your vehicle must in the on position and the thermostat needs to be set to heat and adjusted up for the heat to come on. The inducer fan will be the first thing to come on, then the spark ingition will light the burner. Once the temperture on the fan limit hits the set point the indoor fan will come on and the heat will come out the registers. Good luck with your search. Maybe someone out there with a similar unit can copy their information and forward it to you.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Not sure if this will help but I found this on-line.
http://www.rvingthemidwestconnection...m#Forest_River

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #5

Wow, thanks for all the help. I'll be digging thru that site in great deal once I go back to my storage unit and get all the manufactures written down of my appliances.
THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Check inside the cabinets or closets. There may be a list on a sticker attached in one of them including the model & serial numbers for the appliances installed on your unit.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Tags
sunseeker le