Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #41

sunseeker 2250 does not currently have most of the options regular sunseekers have.

How about second battery option. does it have magnadyne. I notice the tv option has the dvd in tv. is this a 12volt tv/dvd combo.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #42
Commercial Member

2nd battery can be ordered or you can add it when you want. There is room for it in the step well. All the 2250's coming off the line right now come with the M3 Magnadyne. All our TV's use the Magnadyne as the DVD player. We are no longer running TV/DVD (all in one) combo because the 12V versions that are on the market are terrible. So all our current TV's are Jensen 12V with Magnadyne acting as the DVD.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
2nd battery can be ordered or you can add it when you want. There is room for it in the step well. All the 2250's coming off the line right now come with the M3 Magnadyne. All our TV's use the Magnadyne as the DVD player. We are no longer running TV/DVD (all in one) combo because the 12V versions that are on the market are terrible. So all our current TV's are Jensen 12V with Magnadyne acting as the DVD.

I think that sunseeker should list all options to 2250 that are available on regular sunseekers unless they are physically impossible. on forest river website sunseeker 2250 has only 3 options where regular sunseekers have about 15.

current website listings confuse me. thats why i keep asking questions.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
I think that sunseeker should list all options to 2250 that are available on regular sunseekers unless they are physically impossible. on forest river website sunseeker 2250 has only 3 options where regular sunseekers have about 15.

current website listings confuse me. thats why i keep asking questions.
We should, but we probably won't. Dealers whined and complained that they needed to compete in a particular "price point" to match some of our competitors...so we gave it to them. You list too many options and suddenly they are not in the price point they asked for in the first place. So the easy answer is "no, they're not available", but since you're asking, I'm telling.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #45

Quote:
We should, but we probably won't. Dealers whined and complained that they needed to compete in a particular "price point" to match some of our competitors...so we gave it to them. You list too many options and suddenly they are not in the price point they asked for in the first place. So the easy answer is "no, they're not available", but since you're asking, I'm telling.
so i understand complety-although you probably won't list them on your site-

if the 2250 can physically accomodate a sunseeker option-if i negotiate it with a dealer to order-the 2250 can be ordered with most sunseeker options.
1. spare tire
2.main cabin fantastic fan.
3. second auxiliary battery.
4.couch in place of dinette.
5.this might not be physically possible-bigfoot levelers.

thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #46
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
so i understand complety-although you probably won't list them on your site-

if the 2250 can physically accomodate a sunseeker option-if i negotiate it with a dealer to order-the 2250 can be ordered with most sunseeker options.
1. spare tire
2.main cabin fantastic fan.
3. second auxiliary battery.
4.couch in place of dinette.
5.this might not be physically possible-bigfoot levelers.

thanks
that is correct.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #47

Quote:
that is correct.

thank you. you are the most informative person.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #48

Quote:
Greatly apprectiated
Originally Posted by ATVer
Have a 2012 3120.

Most issues I already fixed. Some may be considered personal preference. They add little or no weight.

Radio is powered from the chassis battery and there is no standard remote; Added about 6' of wire and SPDT switch to select coach battery when parked and bought factory remote from radio manufacturer for $10. I believe this is resolved if you spend a few hundred $ for the optional radio in 2013. New standard radio is done this way

Front passenger seat room is extremely restricted by couch position up against the back of it; For a few $ in materials I constructed a slide mechanism to slide and lock the couch back about a foot so the front seat can be slid back and reclined fully when traveling. Moved the fire extinguisher under the sink but could be mounted on the wall next to the door if code requires. Access thru the coach door is cramped but still can be done easily. Even if it the couch was only slid 6", the front seat room would be greatly enhanced. Good idea but not sure how this affects our seatbelt testing. Maybe we can come up with something I did not change the seat belt mounts in the floor but the couch when slid back is on an angle to clear the door jam. I question the safety of seats and belts mounted parallel to vehicle travel so I would not use them as originally installed anyway.

Engine cover cup holder/storage unit restricts going between cab and coach; Ford has other cupholder/storage units that still have cup holders and storage but are smaller and open up the access. Replaced with one of these.I'd be curious what you used. I've seen aftermarket ones but I have never seen one available from Ford. I have even asked about what option code it would be when we order out chassis The unit I used is a factory Ford product. I have seen several other versions online but the one I have looked to be the best. I'll see if I can find a part number on it and send you a photo when I get a chance.

Black water tank flush is located on the passenger side and inconvenient; Relocated into the hatch area with the sewer connections for the cost of about 8' of plastic pipe and some fittings. This will vary by floor plan...but does make sense to route it to driver side

Front slide should be deeper to add more open living space; This would add some weight but worth it. To make this modification to a built unit was too major for me to justify doing. Deeper slides require additional testing. We try and use a deep slide on every new floor plan...and then we try and go back and modify existing floor plans

Carpeted box area to the left of the bed is much larger than needed to cover the pipes and wires that go from under the bed to the rest of the coach. It inhibits reaching the top of the bed when making it. I shortened it up about 10" which my wife says makes a big difference. No cost except time to cut it shorter rework the carpet. I have complained about this on all floor plans

There is no pressure fill for the fresh water tank only an open gravity hose fill; Used two fittings, 12" of pipe and a valve to install a pressure fill option from the city water hookup. The valve is accessible through the water filter access door. We used to use pressure only. After many complaints we went to gravity fill. I guess both would be the best solution

The Water Filter was bypassed when hooked up to city water. For some reason it was only in the flow path when using the on board pump and tank; Rerouted city water supply line from the filter outlet to the inlet side for the cost of a few inches of pipe and 2 fittings.

Bed access on the right is tight; Why not put the 3120 on the same chassis length as the 3010 and 3170 and add an extra 4 inches to the bedroom.

Bedroom TV is mounted such that it sticks out into the aisle at the rear of the bed when stowed; Relocated the mounting point of the swing mount about 4" back. TV is now out of the aisle and still does not interfere with the shade or window operation. proto-type in the works

Front TV mount does not have any vertical or pivot adjustment so you are always looking up at it on an angle. Installed a wobble plate mount so the TV screen can be aligned properly. New TV's have a "space plate" that adds and angle to the TV

Just a couple additional comments. Thanks for considering customer comments to make things better for all.

ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
Commercial Member

Part number on that cup holder would be great, I'll look as well. I think I found one a while back called a "slim line", I brought that up to the guy that orders the chassis and....<crickets>. Maybe I just need to squeak again. I do know they were discussing your comments in the staff meeting this morning. That's the benefits of each division being run independently, no layers upon layers of bureaucracy.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #50
Commercial Member

Hey ATVer, can you post a picture of your center console. The ones we use now are called "slim line". They do not go all the way to the floor anymore....but I would think your 2012 would have had that one too. So maybe you have a "slimmer" line.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #51

Quote:
Part number on that cup holder would be great, I'll look as well. I think I found one a while back called a "slim line", I brought that up to the guy that orders the chassis and....<crickets>. Maybe I just need to squeak again. I do know they were discussing your comments in the staff meeting this morning. That's the benefits of each division being run independently, no layers upon layers of bureaucracy.
Hopefully attached are some photos of original console and new one. I could not find any Ford part number on it so I must be wrong that it is a factory part. The only numbers I found were TL-7773 and V-90435. It was described as a "new Ford Van take out" when I bought it. Also below is a link to a used blue one on Ebay that looks like mine. Although it says only up to 07 models, it fits just like the original.

97-07 Ford Econoline Van BLUE Center Console Cup Holder | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	van consoles 005.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	18049   Click image for larger version

Name:	van consoles 001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	18050  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #52
Commercial Member

Ah, thank you. That is slimmer. It doesn't look to be an exact match on the tan...I do wonder if that is an aftermarket part.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #53

I would like to see the option of the front cap like on the Lexington available on the Sunseeker with the front entertainment center.
cundie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #54

May I suggest "Awning Lights" . That thread is 53 pages and counting. A good entrepreneur would never miss the opportunity to capitilze on a good thing.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #55
Commercial Member

Like one that doesn't overhang? We do offer a front cap on the Sunseeker with entertainment center. That is available on everything. It does look the same from the outside though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sunseeker_overhead_entertainment.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	18080  

Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #56

Yes, like the more aerodynamic looking one on the Lexington. I like the look of the B+'s, but need more outside storage.
cundie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #57
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Hopefully attached are some photos of original console and new one. I could not find any Ford part number on it so I must be wrong that it is a factory part. The only numbers I found were TL-7773 and V-90435. It was described as a "new Ford Van take out" when I bought it. Also below is a link to a used blue one on Ebay that looks like mine. Although it says only up to 07 models, it fits just like the original.

97-07 Ford Econoline Van BLUE Center Console Cup Holder | eBay
We just confirmed with Ford...that is a Ford part, but it comes in "gray" only. All our chassis have tan interior. I'm pretty sure 99% of all RV chassis are tan now. Wonder why its only offered in gray.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #58

Quote:
Ah, thank you. That is slimmer. It doesn't look to be an exact match on the tan...I do wonder if that is an aftermarket part.
The one I was supposed to get was a match but they sent the wrong one. After looking at it installed we liked the contrasting color so we kept it. From your other post I see they are only now available in grey. It could be dyed or painted tan but that may not be worth the effort.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #59

Sunseeker floor plans

Hi,

I just saw the new Sunseeker floor plan (3050S). It looks great! I own a 3100SS and I believe that it suits a lot of people needs. However, a merge of two units would be interesting. I drew a few sketches (see floorplanIdeas.pdf) starting with the front end of the 3100SS and the back part of the 3120DS (room only), which I called 3100DS. I think it turned out great. Then I looked at the swivel chair. Who’s using it? In my case, I never did... If I was a Forest River floor plan designer, I’d get rid of it, in order to gain some space. An extra wardrobe would be convenient. A bigger Refer would be useful as well. And what about a bit more counter space?... Those are all the little things that bug me in my 3100SS... And lastly, I firmly believe that one of these two (3115DS and the 3150DS) would become your bestsellers. Lolll...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf floorplanIdeas.pdf (423.7 KB, 50 views)
wawy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #60
Commercial Member

Have you looked at the 3010? It was basically the 3100, minus the barrel chair (more counter space) and added a rear slide so you had wardrobe space. We just added the 4 door fridge as an option. The only thing missing is the all in one bath...but, personally I like to be able to get ready while someone is showering or using the bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3010-11.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	21230