Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #61

I agree with you. It is indeed very similar. Personally, I prefer the regular dinette of the 3100SS to the u-dinette, due to the fact that the table is a bit bigger. I don't know if it's an option in the 3010... What I also like a little more is the galley area with its sink in the angled counter and its "L" shaped cabinet above it. It is a question of taste...
wawy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #62
Commercial Member

We had someone order the 3010 with the regular dinette, so we figured we'd give it a shot, see how it turned out. Production put a little "night stand" with drawers (for lack of a better term) between the booth dinette and the sofa. Wasn't too shabby. So could we put the regular dinette in there?...probably (but don't tell anyone I told you that).

I also like the angled counter...we have started to put it on anything that we can. We don't do it on the 3010 because we put a 36" TV in that area. The 3010 design allowed us to do a bigger TV and still keep the cab over bunk. Normally to get the bigger TV you had to go to the front entertainment center.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #63

Having completed a season in our 2300, here are a couple of suggestions. It would be great to have a 110 volt outlet on the right side (besides the one in the entertainment center) . We like to have outside lights but don't want to leave entertainment center open overnight.

Relocating the black tank flush so the sewer compartment door doesn't interfere with it.

An additional outlet near the stove. We added a stove burner cover and would plug in crock pot over stove if outlet was there.

I added cable from dash radio to aux in on outside radio. Therefore can hear ipod or XM radio outside.

Swivel on at least passenger seat.

Replace lights above bed with "reading" lights. Add 110 volt outlet to passenger side.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #64

It's great to know that you can customize your units. I'll keep it in mind when I'm ready to change my RV. Meanwhile, I'm planning on doing small modifications to mine, such as adding a small (foldable) counter extension. My unit didn't come with any. I would also like to change the table of my dinette. The one I have is the one with the unstable leg. I would switch it for a dream dinette. Do I have to reinforce the wall? Would you know? Also, would you be the one to talk to if I want to order these accessories?...
wawy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #65
Commercial Member

We don't really do a ton of customizations...we will look at things and if they make sense, sometimes make them available across the board for future builds.

The dream dinette has a lot more backer built into the sidewall. It acts as a lever so if that backer is not in there, it can move the whole wall. Accessories would be through the dealer.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #66
Graduate Member

bclemens - you have fans! We just bought a 2009 2860 - it's our first RV, and absolutely love it! After our less than happy dealership issues, the wife and I have both wondered - can we order our next one directly from bclemens?

Anyway, thanks for being such a great resource.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #67
Commercial Member

lol...thanks. You can't buy from me directly, but I can always direct you to dealers that I know personally.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #68

Design Improvements

The roof/side junction should be designed so that the roof lies atop the side, preventing puddling of water along the sealant line.

Our 2690 has open wiring running through cab behind the drivers seat, asking to get caught in something.

The City Water connection is mounted high on the side with a straight out connection, making the connection bear the entire weight of a full hose, in both shear and bending.

The bed room TV is mounted only inches above the bed surface, causing ones feet to restrict visibility, and making it suceptable to being kicked.

Whether by design or installation, the under coach insulation is applied in large 'glops'.

More propane, as mentioned by another, would also help.

r'sp'y

Geri
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #69

How bout a pre-installed anti-freeze by pass valve. Also the lighting on our 3010 is very bright some dimmer switches would be nice.
Chas69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #70
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas69 View Post
How bout a pre-installed anti-freeze by pass valve. Also the lighting on our 3010 is very bright some dimmer switches would be nice.
Working on a by pass. We have dimmers on the Forester line. Sunseeker, each light can be controlled individually if you want to tame it down.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What would you like to see on future models?

I'm looking for "must have" features....I'll even take a floor plan idea if you've got one. We'll be paying you exactly what I get for new ideas....nothing!

Idea...

Get the employees of Gulf Stream to manufacture and assemble the Sunseeker instead of the blind and half witted FR knuckle draggers that keep soiling the Brand's name by clearly not giving a damn when they build - I mean slaughter - your product during "assembly".

Oh... Sorry... Was that my inside voice?
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #72
Commercial Member

Lol....did you really just claim that Gulf Stream was the standard bearer of quality? lol Just in case you missed it, this was a motorhome thread, my division has nothing to do with your Wolfpup. I would suggest contacting them directly, I was looking for constructive suggestions on the Sunseeker.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #73

Quote:
Lol....did you really just claim that Gulf Stream was the standard bearer of quality? lol Just in case you missed it, this was a motorhome thread, my division has nothing to do with your Wolfpup. I would suggest contacting them directly, I was looking for constructive suggestions on the Sunseeker.

Actually it's a comment on your brand in general regardless of which division. and clearly your dismissive reply towards legitimate concerns over build quality (FYI my best friend owns a 2600 series sunseeker and has had no better luck than I with your brand's poor workmanship) continues to confirm why FR owners respond the way they do on this site.

Clearly you are more than happy to continue to produce products that are generally built to low quality control standards.

Sad really - a well worded response from you could have reassured FR owners and potential repeat customers that your company was changing its ways, rather than carrying on with your low grade status quo.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #74
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside View Post
Actually it's a comment on your brand in general regardless of which division. and clearly your dismissive reply towards legitimate concerns over build quality (FYI my best friend owns a 2600 series sunseeker and has had no better luck than I with your brand's poor workmanship) continues to confirm why FR owners respond the way they do on this site.

This is a motorhome thread, there is a section for "General" if that's what you're being. General Community Discussions - Forest River Forums

I don't see how I was dismissive. I was pointing out that this was a motor home thread and that you would be better served commenting on the Wolfpup thread or whatever brand makes the Wolfpup.

"Clearly you are more than happy to continue to produce products that are generally built to low quality control standards."

Not sure I would be on this forum asking for input if we were not always looking to improve. As for your "low quality comment" I think if you read around posts other than yours, you'll find good experience as well. This was a comment on Solera "

We have had our Solera for about 2 weeks now and I just want to tell you how pleased we are with it. Overall fit and finish and build quality is excellent in my opinion. Big thumbs up to your assembly crew. We are looking forward to good times traveling in our coach"

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...24m-23846.html

"Sad really - a well worded response from you could have reassured FR owners and potential repeat customers that your company was changing its ways, rather than carrying on with your low grade status quo"

If "half witted, knuckle draggers" is an example of a "well worded response", then no, mine was not well worded".
Again, I suggest that you contact that division directly. Running around here posting comments on various threads about "blind welders, half wits and knuckle draggers" is not going to get you taken seriously. My recommendation would be to draft a well worded request to the division that made your product, minus unnecessary insults. I'd be more than happy to track down the a number or email for that division.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #75

Arrow

Quote:
Quote:
Again, I suggest that you contact that division directly. Running around here posting comments on various threads about "blind welders, half wits and knuckle draggers" is not going to get you taken seriously. My recommendation would be to draft a well worded request to the division that made your product, minus unnecessary insults. I'd be more than happy to track down the a number or email for that division.

Build quality and quality control in general are clearly the number one complaint by FR owners on this site - day in, day out, topic after topic, page after page - regardless of division.

Your response, again, shows the continuing disconnect between FR and its customers.

Here, I'll help you - you could have said something like this,

"We've been aware of the numerous complaints regarding build quality, and at FR we take this very seriously. We want our customers to know that we want to build the highest quality products possible. To help ensure this, we've hired new quality control managers and have a new quality control program in place across all our divisions. We value your business"

Am I hired ?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #76
Commercial Member

That's great, maybe you can word a comment like that, on the message board that can help. Again, I'd be happy to direct you to another division, but I am only at motorized. I have nothing to do with trailers. Different building, different line workers, different city actually. Different quality control personnel.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #77

For the record...we have had our Sunseeker since March and love it. The quality and workmanship is outstanding. We have had a couple of issues with the radio that were fully addressed by FR.

The fact that bclemens and jamiller45 are on this forum and always offering help is further evidence of Forest River's commitment to customer satisfaction. The original post was an offer to help make the products even better. I've owned many cars in my 40+ years of driving and never once had the manufacturer ask me how to improve their product. Thanks bclemens and thanks Forest River for your commitment to your customers.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #78

Agreed. I love my Sunseeker 3010. We had a few issues that'd have been promptly and professionally repaired. The issues were not with the build quality but with the generator(new fuel pump); tires (a couple of slow leaks) and some miscellaneous adjustments.

Nice Coach.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #79

brookside-i think your being unfair. every rv manufacturer has some disgruntled customers. i went to a site once(i can't remember which) that was just for rv complaints. every manufacturer had some. it goes with the territory.

i would say that forest river manufactures a gazillion rv's. the more you make the more complaints.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #80

I have owned only two RVs from FR and another manufacturer, closely looked at RVs in shows and I believe the workmanship and quality are all about the same. Lots of left over construction debris like pieces of wire, staples, nails, screws, wood cuttings, metal cuttings etc in just about every "hidden" area I looked. Crooked, over tightened, and stripped screws along with misaligned components are also common. Most disturbing are sharp metal objects (staples and screws) intermingled with wiring. More significant issues I had were plumbing errors (described as "an oversight" when manufacturer was contacted) a waste water tank that broke from it's mounts when filled for the first time, and a missing fuse in the chassis to coach charging circuit that the manufacturer knew about but only did something when the customer came back complaining of a problem. Most of the issues I fixed myself or the manufacturers/dealers took care of them with no problem which was good but they shouldn't have occurred in the first place.

I believe strongly in buying American. However as with automobiles the workmanship and quality of American cars only improved significantly when foreign competition came in. I don't see RVs improving significantly unless there is some significant outside of Indiana or US competition.

That all being said we do have to realize an RV is basically a smaller scale whole house. Think of the punch list of items and issues we normally have when buying a new house.

This forum supported by factory representatives is a step in the right direction and very much appreciated.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote