Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #61

I agree with you. It is indeed very similar. Personally, I prefer the regular dinette of the 3100SS to the u-dinette, due to the fact that the table is a bit bigger. I don't know if it's an option in the 3010... What I also like a little more is the galley area with its sink in the angled counter and its "L" shaped cabinet above it. It is a question of taste...

Old 10-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #62
GM

We had someone order the 3010 with the regular dinette, so we figured we'd give it a shot, see how it turned out. Production put a little "night stand" with drawers (for lack of a better term) between the booth dinette and the sofa. Wasn't too shabby. So could we put the regular dinette in there?...probably (but don't tell anyone I told you that).

I also like the angled counter...we have started to put it on anything that we can. We don't do it on the 3010 because we put a 36" TV in that area. The 3010 design allowed us to do a bigger TV and still keep the cab over bunk. Normally to get the bigger TV you had to go to the front entertainment center.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #63

Having completed a season in our 2300, here are a couple of suggestions. It would be great to have a 110 volt outlet on the right side (besides the one in the entertainment center) . We like to have outside lights but don't want to leave entertainment center open overnight.

Relocating the black tank flush so the sewer compartment door doesn't interfere with it.

An additional outlet near the stove. We added a stove burner cover and would plug in crock pot over stove if outlet was there.

I added cable from dash radio to aux in on outside radio. Therefore can hear ipod or XM radio outside.

Swivel on at least passenger seat.

Replace lights above bed with "reading" lights. Add 110 volt outlet to passenger side.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #64

It's great to know that you can customize your units. I'll keep it in mind when I'm ready to change my RV. Meanwhile, I'm planning on doing small modifications to mine, such as adding a small (foldable) counter extension. My unit didn't come with any. I would also like to change the table of my dinette. The one I have is the one with the unstable leg. I would switch it for a dream dinette. Do I have to reinforce the wall? Would you know? Also, would you be the one to talk to if I want to order these accessories?...
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #65
GM

We don't really do a ton of customizations...we will look at things and if they make sense, sometimes make them available across the board for future builds.

The dream dinette has a lot more backer built into the sidewall. It acts as a lever so if that backer is not in there, it can move the whole wall. Accessories would be through the dealer.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #66
Graduate Member

bclemens - you have fans! We just bought a 2009 2860 - it's our first RV, and absolutely love it! After our less than happy dealership issues, the wife and I have both wondered - can we order our next one directly from bclemens?

Anyway, thanks for being such a great resource.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #67
GM

lol...thanks. You can't buy from me directly, but I can always direct you to dealers that I know personally.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #68

Design Improvements

The roof/side junction should be designed so that the roof lies atop the side, preventing puddling of water along the sealant line.

Our 2690 has open wiring running through cab behind the drivers seat, asking to get caught in something.

The City Water connection is mounted high on the side with a straight out connection, making the connection bear the entire weight of a full hose, in both shear and bending.

The bed room TV is mounted only inches above the bed surface, causing ones feet to restrict visibility, and making it suceptable to being kicked.

Whether by design or installation, the under coach insulation is applied in large 'glops'.

More propane, as mentioned by another, would also help.

r'sp'y

Geri
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #69

How bout a pre-installed anti-freeze by pass valve. Also the lighting on our 3010 is very bright some dimmer switches would be nice.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #70
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas69 View Post
How bout a pre-installed anti-freeze by pass valve. Also the lighting on our 3010 is very bright some dimmer switches would be nice.
Working on a by pass. We have dimmers on the Forester line. Sunseeker, each light can be controlled individually if you want to tame it down.