Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #1

Help-Long Dealer Authorization time

I bought a 2014 3050s near the beginning of August. I have a few things that need attention. Wire from Dvd player in dash to the cabover tv needs to be replaced. Mattress has a rip. And Ac return cover is broken. Over a month now and my dealer says they still have no factory authorization! Is this normal?
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbetzwieser View Post
I bought a 2014 3050s near the beginning of August. I have a few things that need attention. Wire from Dvd player in dash to the cabover tv needs to be replaced. Mattress has a rip. And Ac return cover is broken. Over a month now and my dealer says they still have no factory authorization! Is this normal?

No...... The Dealer is too busy right now and does not want to mess with small stuff warranty work that does not pay top dollar.

Keep looking for other 'problems' with your camper... there should be at least 7-10 before the sDealer will look at it in a timely manner. He can get them all done in a couple of hours and charge back to FR for each one at a longer rate time.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #3

I find this unacceptable. They said that the wire is a 5 hour job. I told them that I would replace the other items myself. They won't even order the parts without factory authorization. What happened to good old fashioned customer service!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbetzwieser View Post
I find this unacceptable. They said that the wire is a 5 hour job. I told them that I would replace the other items myself. They won't even order the parts without factory authorization. What happened to good old fashioned customer service!!

5 hours.... that is funny. Be looking for another place to work on your unit when the warranty runs out. As you can see, they are long on work estimate times and short on work. The sDealer sounds like some place to avoid.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

It's not the factory, it's your dealer. Call FR warranty department and you will find fast friendly service. If necessary leave a message for April when prompted and she will get back to you. Your dealer hasn't even tried (yet).
Old 09-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #6

I will call myself. Good idea. Not impressed at all with this dealer. I will call their bluff.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #7

Call your factory warranty representative at Forest River. You should have one assigned to you, I do.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote