Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #1

Angry Help, Slide out Controller Location

2016 Sunseeker 2500TS, 3 slides, 2 slides work fine, awning is fine, Wardrob slide fails after moving out 3 inches by turning sideways, left motor driving, right motor stops as if stuck on something. The bad side WILL retract fine so the motor has power at least in one direction so I need to find the slide controller.

Can anyone help by describing WHERE the slide controllerS are located??? I have read many postings on the subject and have not been able to locate the controllers. Not in the closet, not under the bed, not by the water pump, not by the tanks and not under the dinnette. Are they visible from the living area or is it necessary to remove panels ?

ANy good Slide Technicians in Orange County California ? Thanks for your help and comments. Bill 2016 SunSeeker 2500TS
bbillp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

The controllers for the bed and wardrobe are under the bottom section of the bed in the very similiar 2800.
The bed slide needs to be out to make access easier. You might need a prop rod to hold the bottom section up.

When you find it, you should be able to read the fault lights. Odds are your problem is the hall effect sensor. Lots of help available to fix that without replacing the motor.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Site Team

We have a 2019 2500TSF and the slide controllers, for the two bedroom slides, are located on the ceiling of the rear storage compartment on the passenger side. Just look straight up...
Old 10-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #4

Hi,

We have friends with a rig that has the controller in a compartment you can't get to if the slide is stuck in the "in" position.

You know which position the slide was in when their system failed...

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
We have a 2019 2500TSF and the slide controllers, for the two bedroom slides, are located on the ceiling of the rear storage compartment on the passenger side. Just look straight up...
Thats a better place for them IMO.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

I had a similar problem and the slide had to be reset. You should be able to find directions on how to do so.
mdebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #7

We have a different model, but it's worth looking in similar locations. You have 3 slides, I have one.
The controller for our bedroom slide is under the wardrobe/pantry, just forward of the slide. To access it, I remove the 3 drawers under the wardrobe/pantry:

I reworked all the wiring in this area as it was haphazardly routed. Additionally, the wiring to the motor on the aft end of the slide was not well routed as may have become abraded by the mechanisms had I not taken action. I rerouted it a bit, and added a small cable loop to keep it out of harm's way.

Good luck, and let us know where you find the controller for your errant slide. No doubt, as you have 3 slides, you'll have 3 controllers.

Tags
cat, controller, location, slide, slide out