Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
RV Nomad

You have the LCI Schwintek in wall system. Refer to these links for troubleshooting:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LIPSheets/slides/0260.pdf

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/slides/InWall%20Service-Web.pdf

I printed out a copy of these to keep in the RV for emergencies. Good luck. Update us with your findings.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgzx View Post
You have the LCI Schwintek in wall system. Refer to these links for troubleshooting:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LIPSheets/slides/0260.pdf

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/slides/InWall%20Service-Web.pdf

I printed out a copy of these to keep in the RV for emergencies. Good luck. Update us with your findings.

Nice link there!! Good flow chart!

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #13

A guy in the campground had those vertical braces under each end of his slide. Before he took them out, he put the TT's four stabilizer jacks up. The slide jacks did not allow the slide to move lower with his TT. This put a bind (bent?) on his slide, and it would not close all the way. It was out about a foot. He tied a rope around the whole rig to keep the slide from moving back out. Left the campground like that, and towed the rig 60 miles to a service center he said he knew about. Looked kind of funny leaving the CG, but I am sure he made it back to town.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #14

thank you everyone for all of your help.. I was able to get the slide closed. I think I have a bad slide motor. The slide start to come in(or out) about 6 inches and then kind of gets crooked and stops.. If I start to bring it in until it stop and then back out a small amount, I can sort of straighten it out and then bring it in another 6 inches. I basically walked the slide in..

1 day old rv..wow

at least with it in Ican get it to the closest dealership... should only cost me $100-$150 in fuel......
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
RV Nomad

You might just have a loose connection at the motor or control. I have the same unit as you, and if you look in each upper corner on the inside of the RV, you can see the connectors and wires to the motors sticking out from the rubber seals (same on the bed slide). Check those connectors on the dead motor side. I didn't like the way the bare wires from the connectors got pinched between the wall material and the rubber seals when slide was out, so I added some electrical tape to them. Just a little insurance against abrasion from movement. In my limited experience with electric motors, its most often the connections to the motors, not the motors themselves.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #16

I will check those.. Talked with a tec from the dealer ship and count the control panel. The error code is stating a short between the control panel and motor.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #17

Xgzx you are the man!!! Loose connection it was, all fixed with a little extra electrical tape. Thank you for pointing out the logical thing to check. I would normally be able to trouble shoot the obvious things, but I guess I was overthinking it.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
RV Nomad

Good to hear. I know how it feels thinking you have to drive a long way for what might be a minor issue. I am 3 hours from my dealer; needless to say, I'm gonna fix as much as I can myself before I make that drive! If we ever meet up on the road, first one's on you!
Happy travels.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #19

Trust me. The amount of money saved I'll be happy to buy more than one. Thanks again
Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
Love My Sunseeker

I just had this problem. Went to an RV dealer in Missoula, they fixed it. It was a shear pin. It broke because the slide out was out of alignment, or the slideout got out of alignment and the shear pin broke, not sure which came first. It was a two hour fix and Forest River covered it. (I'm still under warranty.)

Don't know what caused the misalignment, last time it worked, I was in a state park near Bismarck, ND.

Working fine now and I'm home.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out