Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Help ! Sunseeker 3170 Coach Batteries need jump start,

I need to jump start my batteries for the coach, there are two batteries down under the steps ( i lost my multi meter).

Any info on which ones I plug the jumper cables?

Here is a photo if helps.


P.S. This is a Ford Chasis 2014 (gas).
__________________

__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
geezer with gadgets
 
757Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SE Virginia
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
I need to jump start my batteries for the coach, there are two batteries down under the steps ( i lost my multi meter).

Any info on which ones I plug the jumper cables?

Here is a photo if helps.


P.S. This is a Ford Chasis 2014 (gas).
I have the same MH. 2011 edition. Near the floor of the drivers seat there is an emergency start switch. This will act as built in jumper cables for you to start the coach. Just hold it in the on position will turning the key and it will use the juice from the batteries in the step. Hope this helps.

__________________

__________________


Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Sorry for some reasons my photos are not uploading.
__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
I have the same MH. 2011 edition. Near the floor of the drivers seat there is an emergency start switch. This will act as built in jumper cables for you to start the coach. Just hold it in the on position will turning the key and it will use the juice from the batteries in the step. Hope this helps.

Anyway you can post a photo? I am looking at mine, and cant find it.
__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 956
If you need to jump start the engine, it is located on the left side under the hood. You jump start this battery.
As you look at the drivers seat, you will see a black switch down low. Press this switch, reach up and start the engine. If house batteries are strong enough, it will crank and start. Good luck.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
I need to jump start my batteries for the coach, there are two batteries down under the steps ( i lost my multi meter).

Any info on which ones I plug the jumper cables?

Here is a photo if helps.


P.S. This is a Ford Chassis 2014 (gas).
I'm not sure why you would need to "jump start" the coach batteries (you said the ones under the steps) unless it's to start the generator. You could use the emergency switch under the seat but the easiest way is to start the chassis engine which will then automatically connect the the 120 amp engine alternator to the coach batteries and rapidly recharge them. I once ran my coach batteries down so far that I could not start the generator. I started the chassis engine and after about 2 minutes was able to start the generator.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I'm not sure why you would need to "jump start" the coach batteries (you said the ones under the steps) unless it's to start the generator. You could use the emergency switch under the seat but the easiest way is to start the chassis engine which will then automatically connect the the 120 amp engine alternator to the coach batteries and rapidly recharge them. I once ran my coach batteries down so far that I could not start the generator. I started the chassis engine and after about 2 minutes was able to start the generator.
that is what I am trying to do ( start the generator).

I did not have any luck finding this switch folks are talking bout.
__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
benagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
that is what I am trying to do ( start the generator).

I did not have any luck finding this switch folks are talking bout.
Don't know where the switch is on your unit but if you start the engine on your MH and have the coach battery switch on, you should be able to start your generator.
__________________
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Just FYI, here is the pic of my batteries. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435022137.168974.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	80799
__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
that is what I am trying to do ( start the generator).

I did not have any luck finding this switch folks are talking bout.

As I said the easiest way is to start the chassis engine and it will provide enough power to start the generator.

As for the emergency switch just open the drivers door and look at the seat base near the floor. The switch is a large rocker type on the side of the base. This is true on my 2012. Don't know if they moved it or eliminated the capability on later units.
__________________

__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3170, sunseeker, battery

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.