Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #21

Hooking to cable tv line

If I know We are going to watch TV I search channels soon after we get to site.They do their thing while Im setting up outside and co-pilot, inside
Nothing worse than climbing into bed to watch a little TV and you look at each other and say Rats,we didn't search the channels on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #22

Hooking to cable tv line

Most of the time park cable sucks. Fuzzy and forget HD. I almost always use my antenna. (Batwing) The antenna is very directional. I Use an app called TV Towers. It will show the channels in your area and show if they are in range. Rotate the antenna to desired direction. Do a channel scan. The channel scan should find the desired station and a little tweaking may be necessary to decrease pixilation. You can rotate the antenna around to a different station but it may require rescanning.
I have marked my inside spinner to show the actual front of the antenna. The little rectangle pointer is 90deg out from front.
The booster is for the batwing antenna. It must be off otherwise it will interfere. Actually the little green light indicates power to the booster I site the batwing. There is a little circuit board that the coax attaches to.
If you are using the VCS-10 switch box, it has a 12volt feed to the antenna when you switch the box to antenna. When switched to cable, the 12 volt is turned off. There are no indicator lights on the box.
FYI, if you do any work on the antenna coax, unplug the box as it can be shorted out. Of course, Amazon sells them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #23

If you can't get a signal, or much of a signal, you might have the same issue I did:

Yep, hit with the router bit. If FR had checked the line at final QA, they would have found an open.

That all said, I've never hooked the shore line to a park's pedestal. When we are on the road, the TV is the last thing we are looking at. Currently, there is no TV in our new unit:

It started out looking like this:

Complete with a 32" TV....