Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #1

hooking up tire tracker booster

I bought the tire tracker TPMS system and it's doesn't appear to be receiving the signals, so the manufacturer recommended I try the booster.

They sent me one, and it needs to be hardwired to a 12v connection somewhere in the RV. Do I just find an existing wire (eg. going to a light) and splice into it? Do I need to be concerned about which 12v wire I splice into? I can't imagine this booster draws that much so I wouldn't think I would blow a fuse or anything.

Thanks in advance.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
H2oski

Yes wire it into any hot 12v. That is if you got the 12v one. They also have a battery operated one. Where are your house batterys? Wire it to them and then put the booster in that compartment.

Just a question, How long is your Sunseeker? I have the sister to Tracker , Tire Minder and I have a long bed 2500 and 34ft 5th wheel, my display is about 25-30 ft from the sensors and don't have a problem without a booster. Just wondering.

Have you tried this, with your display on, unscrew one of your sensors from a tire. You should get the red flashing light and the alarm reinstall it and you will get current PSI. If you don't, carry the display in you hand to the tire and try the same procedure. If it doesn't work then you have another issue.

Hope this helps
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #3

I have the 3050S - so it's almost 32 foot. I'm not convinced the booster will work, but the distributor is trying his best to get it working.

With the monitor on and in the dash, I can unscrew a sensor and it will not detect a loss of pressure. But if I walk around to each tire with the monitor in my hand and do the same thing, the monitor will detect the loss of pressure.

So the distributor is saying it must be a communication issue since the monitor and sensors can sense one another. Maybe it's just some weird set-up/interference with my RV. I would not have thought I needed one.

I'll post the results when I get a chance to hook it up.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #4

I have tire minder setup on my 3050S, no booster required, even when towing vehicle with sensors installed.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #5

Booster

I had to get a booster for my unit as well. I have a 12V receptacle in my basement that I plug into. I purchased a fused cigarette adapter at Wal-Mart and soldered it to the booster wires. Didn't see any reason to always have it on, even when parked so I only plug it in when under way. I might hard wire it one day and put an on/off switch. So far I have not forgotten to plug it in. Solved my communications issue. One caution. If you ever tow with the battery disconnected make sure you hook up to constantly hot source.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 AM   #6

Can the booster be powered from the tow vehicle and placed near the hitch on the TT?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
grcooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire