Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #1

Hooks for infant seat in 3010DS

We have a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS. We have searched under the sofa and also the dinette to find hooks that will allow us to safely secure an infant car seat. Does anyone know whether there are any of these type of hooks anywhere ?
If not does anyone have any suggestions for when you are traveling with an infant which needs to be in an infant car seat when you are in your MH ?

Doublesugar
doublesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesugar View Post
We have a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS. We have searched under the sofa and also the dinette to find hooks that will allow us to safely secure an infant car seat. Does anyone know whether there are any of these type of hooks anywhere ?
If not does anyone have any suggestions for when you are traveling with an infant which needs to be in an infant car seat when you are in your MH ?

Doublesugar
Check behind the vertical cushions of the dinette. At least that's where they are for my 3010DS.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #3

I saw those hooks but I thought that the hooks to secure the seat had to be at the bottom of that wall ? I will have my son look at them and see if he can figure out how to use them with his car seats.
Do you know if that is what these hooks are there for, to secure car seats ?

Thanks for your help,
Doublesugar
Old 06-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #4

Those metal loops are not strong enough for any belts. On impact the screws would pull right out!
In my Sunseeker there's a heavy metal frame, bolted to the Ford frame with two car type seat belts.
It is under the dinette seat cushion support.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Zooming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #5
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooming View Post
Those metal loops are not strong enough for any belts. On impact the screws would pull right out!
In my Sunseeker there's a heavy metal frame, bolted to the Ford frame with two car type seat belts.
It is under the dinette seat cushion support.
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yeah, that's where I would also make an anchor point, where the seat belts are attached.
I, too, thought the anchor points on the side were rather whimpy and expressed that thought when told. But, then again, I don't have any kids/grandkids that would necessitate installing the anchor points.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

To clarify, are you talking about the LATCH restraint points at the bottom of the seat, or the strap the goes over the seat and hooks to somewhere behind?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #7

I have that same ring and the instructions that came with T the MBS 2401w we have said that is what they are for. I won't use them for my grandkids. We drive them in a separate vehicle due to safety reasons.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #8

We have a 3010 and my grandson sets in his car seat where that metal ring is at. We remove bottom and back cushions bring up seat belts from below and run them through the child seat. We had to wrap the seatbelt around the one inch metal tube on the snap side to keep it from being in the center of the child seat.the metal ring is for the extra strap that Is on the back of the child seat. Hope this helps
bikeit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
To clarify, are you talking about the LATCH restraint points at the bottom of the seat, or the strap the goes over the seat and hooks to somewhere behind?
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Allegedly, the ring in the picture is supposedly for the strap which would go OVER a regular seat in a car and anchor the top of the youngster's car seat.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 06-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for all the input/suggestions. Our son is attaching the seats using the belts that are attached to the frame. That appears to be the most secure and correct place. The are very tight that way.

doublesugar

Tags
fan