Old 09-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #11
Wow, this thread makes me really happy with my dealer. I have had minor work done before now with no issues. My Sunseeker is currently in the shop getting the slide out mechanism repaired. But best of all, I bought it used from the dealer back in May. I could not put air in the airbags. Turned out, the prior owner apparently stripped the airbags! But the dealer, without having to do it and without me asking, ordered and installed new bags when they found mine were missing. I am completely happy with them.

2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
I can't speak for any other division except Forest River Class C's- specifically sunseeker/Forester/ Formerly Solera and Lexington.

Brian (Now at Dynamax) monitors this page and so do I. We were not mandated by anyone to monitor this forum; we came here by free will just like everyone else. I offer advice when I can, get involved in service issues when needed, and keep people up to date on things going on in the factory.

Thanks Joshua (and Brian) for being here. It is even more significant that you do this "on your own". We appreciate you!

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #13
With many Dealers.... cash talks..... (as told to me by three dealers)

warranty work does not 'pay' for their time and trouble in dealing with the manufacturer.
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #14
Now that my one year (it goes quick) is over I can't get warranty work (Good Sam extended) done at my dealer even if I wanted cause they won't do it
I have an Independent RV repair shop that will do all my warranty work through my extended plan
Make a punch list and get what you can done while you can get it done and say good day.
The other beauty of the Indy is they don't need to keep the Unit for weeks or months like the BS the dealers feed you
These people need to work to get paid, So they work and get payed and I'm off camping
I never saw a Hearse towing a Trailer
'71 Dads VW camper pop up Van
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #15
Great point....I need to find one of those independents
jeffreymhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #16
You are the type of employee everyone wants.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #17
I bought my Forester 700 Miles from where I live. I found an RV repair shop that does FR warranty work locally. I felt they kept up with FR by calling regarding parts being sent, got tracking numbers, etc. One reason I bought in another state was because local dealers won't negotiate on prices. We're talking they want MSRP. They don't deserve to get my business even if it is warranty work.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #18
Originally Posted by jeffreymhardy View Post
I won't name names in this post because frankly I feel like I have no choice about where to service my brand new MH, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience getting their rig serviced (warranty repair type items) from a FR dealer other than the one they purchased from?

I've head three completely negative service experiences now, but I feel like I have no choice but to keep returning to the same place.

Any observations anyone else can offer?
The dealer from whom I bought my Sun Seeker 2500TS, in Hamilton, ON clearly did no PDI. Tires were 40lb under pressure, one hub cap was rotated so that it was not possible to put air in the tire, the Center protrusion of rear hub caps were loose and needed riveting, the two coach batteries were bad, the freshwater in take hose was 4' too long so I could not fill fresh water tank. The dealer actually fixed this latter problem. For other reasons I rather not detail here I was so disgusted with the dealer that I had a local RV dealer fix all the other things at my expense. The dealer from whom I bought the motor home was too far away to make repeated trips there.
papakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #19
Cfritts- I agree with you. I shopped locally first and their prices were firm(even with cash.) I flew to Iowa and ended up saving $35,000. Well worth the distance.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #20
For the 1st year our dealer was great but in the second year of the warranty, he left a lot to be desired. He did eventually get all the warranty work done but only because we kept after him and only communicated with him through emails so that we had everything documented and in writing. We also got great support from FR. Remember it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote