Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #41

Same here with the home town Ford dealer refusing to do any service at all on my E450 chassis. However, there is another Ford dealer about 15 miles away who will do the service. They only charged me $28 for an oil change, lube and filter the one time I have brought it in so far but I thought that was very reasonable for a motorhome oil change.
lucky55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #42

No Forester dealer

Well, we have been planning on a purchase of a Sunseeker 3050S, and were planning on buying from RVDirect in Des Moines, since the local dealer will not even come close to the price quoted by RVDirect. We were also told that if we didn't buy locally, we could not get warranty service from them.

Since then, we have decided that we wanted to upgrade to the Forester 3051S, since it has nicer finishes, lighting, etc. I went to, what I thought was the local Forester dealer, Camping World, and was told that they are not going to be a dealer for Forest River anymore. So....now it seems to be impossible to buy locally, since there are no Forester dealers listed on the FR website in Oregon.

We were quoted a fantastic price by RV Wholesalers in Ohio for the Forester and can get it for far less than the lower level Sunseeker locally. My only concern is what do we do for warranty service on the Forester, if there is no local dealer? Does FR ever authorize independent RV shops to do warranty work? We have several high-quality shops in the local area as this was formerly a major RV manufacturing area (Monaco, Country Coach, Marathon, etc)
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #43
Site Team

Jim, we bought our HTT from a dealer like RVW, that was in Chicago. We drove from California to pick it up.
FR found us local dealers that would do the warranty work. One didn't even sell FR products.
And we could use an independent shop, as long as we were ok with reimbursement and got pre-approval.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Jim, we bought our HTT from a dealer like RVW, that was in Chicago. We drove from California to pick it up.
FR found us local dealers that would do the warranty work. One didn't even sell FR products.
And we could use an independent shop, as long as we were ok with reimbursement and got pre-approval.
Thanks for the info. That might be the approach we take if we have a warranty problem. I don't know if FR intends to get new Forester dealers in Oregon, but even if they do, we still may have the problem of not having purchased from them. So, it looks like the independent shops and pre-approval by FR might be the answer.
Thanks again
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 09-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #45

Jim that may be the place that quoted us in The high 60's k for our rv with a 105k msrp price. I took their quote in and the best our dealer would do was low mid 70's k.. it was 35% ish off msrp or so we bought local. For the money you'll save you can have a lot of work done.. take the quote in and see how it goes. 35% off msrp is achivable some places
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
Jim that may be the place that quoted us in The high 60's k for our rv with a 105k msrp price. I took their quote in and the best our dealer would do was low mid 70's k.. it was 35% ish off msrp or so we bought local. For the money you'll save you can have a lot of work done.. take the quote in and see how it goes. 35% off msrp is achivable some places
yeah, we'll try that when the time comes if FR comes up with a new Forester dealer in Oregon. I'm not holding my breath, though. I kinda think it will be a pretty good bet that we will be taking a trip to Ohio when it's all said and done.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
We were quoted a fantastic price by RV Wholesalers in Ohio for the Forester and can get it for far less than the lower level Sunseeker locally. My only concern is what do we do for warranty service on the Forester, if there is no local dealer?
Jim,

I also bought from RVW, and awaiting delivery. Before I bought, I talked to the RVW service folks about who they have used for warranty repairs in my area. I was also told they would work with me to get repairs done through a local independent. I will go the independent route.

Give em a call.

Scott
Old 09-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Well, we have been planning on a purchase of a Sunseeker 3050S, and were planning on buying from RVDirect in Des Moines, since the local dealer will not even come close to the price quoted by RVDirect. We were also told that if we didn't buy locally, we could not get warranty service from them.

Since then, we have decided that we wanted to upgrade to the Forester 3051S, since it has nicer finishes, lighting, etc. I went to, what I thought was the local Forester dealer, Camping World, and was told that they are not going to be a dealer for Forest River anymore. So....now it seems to be impossible to buy locally, since there are no Forester dealers listed on the FR website in Oregon.
etc)
I wouldn't rely solely on the website for dealers. There's at least a couple of FR dealers in my area that isn't on the list.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #49

And even if the dealer list were completely accurate, there's no telling which dealers will actually service equipment not bought from them. I know my local dealer wouldn't service my rig.
jeffreymhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #50

Quote:
I went to, what I thought was the local Forester dealer, Camping World, and was told that they are not going to be a dealer for Forest River anymore.
Big warning bells go off in my head. We took delivery of our Sunseeker in May from Raper, which was recently bought by Camping World. Maybe that's why they don't return calls. I wonder who will handle the extended warranty. Hmm.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:21 AM   #51

We bought from RvDirect at a savings of $35,000 off MSRP and $8000 off best dealer price, which was a dealer 150 miles away. RvDirect did an outstanding job on PDI. If there were any pre-delivery issues, they were taken care of before we ever saw the unit. We have had a couple of minor warranty issues. One, FR sent me the parts. Another, they helped me find a dealer that would do service, after a couple of locals gave me the "You didn't buy it here" routine. If you are concerned about warranty service, know that FR will work with you to get it done.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #52

RV Direct

RvBill3,

Leaning towards purchasing our 2300 or 2290S from RvDirect as well, but may have to wait a bit to see if the Chevy becomes available again. BTW, I'm wondering if you compared prices/services between RvDirect and RVW.

Regards, Mark...
mbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #53

I compared the prices for my MBS Solera locally and internet. RV Direct was cheaper than RVW and all the others by a lot. MSRP was over 105. I paid less than 70. The Des Moines, IA location was great. For a solo female newbie who knew zero, Lance gave me a free 3 hr..demo and was very patient & kind with my ignorance explaining everything as I took notes. Some indepependant shops can do warranty work also. Just ask around.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauman View Post
RvBill3,

Leaning towards purchasing our 2300 or 2290S from RvDirect as well, but may have to wait a bit to see if the Chevy becomes available again. BTW, I'm wondering if you compared prices/services between RvDirect and RVW.

Regards, Mark...

Only contacted RvDirect. I don't believe RVW had Sunseeker line at the time. Think they only had Forester--which wouldn't have been bad but we had a specific amount of cash we wanted to spend and RvDirect hit that amount.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I compared the prices for my MBS Solera locally and internet. RV Direct was cheaper than RVW and all the others by a lot. MSRP was over 105. I paid less than 70. The Des Moines, IA location was great. For a solo female newbie who knew zero, Lance gave me a free 3 hr..demo and was very patient & kind with my ignorance explaining everything as I took notes. Some indepependant shops can do warranty work also. Just ask around.

I agree the DesMoines facility for RvDirect was outstanding. The MH was perfectly prepped. As we learned later, there were no problems or warranty work needed. They spent all the time we needed on a Saturday morning. We had previous TT ownership, so many things we already knew. New items to us were explained in great detail. It was March and they even de-winterized the water system and completely checked operation, then re-winterized for our trip home. Did PDI in a heated garage. Excellent, excellent service.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #56

Forest River really makes me wonder. So in the battery distribution center one of my relays makes an awful clicking sound on occasion. (Potential Fire |Hazard ???) The dealer here ( Country RV was great) Now remember this is a 2014 Sunseeker. Any way our dealer went to Forest River and they do not carry any parts for the battery distribution center. They stopped using this existing supplier last year. "No parts available from them." This is a $15.0 dollar part and Forest River recommended a new distribution center for $800.00 and that's just to get it here. Dealer recommended Interior Electronics and they have ordered one $15.00 dollar part for me).

Brandon2
2014 Sunseeker
2500TS
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #57
Commercial Member

Just to update on a couple of things.

1. Camping World not carrying Forester is completely false. There was some confusion about stocking levels and what stores would carry what, but that has all been resolved. We just had a meeting with Camping World this past week to go over some things.

2. The clicking noise is normally a solenoid opening.closing. The clicking noise while annoying (louder in some case than others) is normal.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #58
Site Team

Yes. I bought mine in Texas because they had the floorplan I wanted, but all service, addons and accessories are from Bayou Outdoors Supercenter in bossier city LA. They are great. In fact, my rockwood is there now for major repairs after an accident. I have every reason to believe it'll be right when I get it. Ptl!

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #59

bcclemens: Just searched Camping World, as you suggested whom we have purchased items from before and this resistor is non existent with them.
Clicking noises all night are just plain annoying and we must admit it is not normal. The resistor number is 871-1C-R1 U01 12VDC 20A/35A 14VDC right out of the battery distribution center
No worries purchased elsewhere at any rate. we can't expect Camping world to carry everything. Still surprising that Forest River cannot stock an item for a unit that is only 1 year old. Rather than try and push an $800.00 part on me rather than a $15.00 dollar part.

Brandon2
2014 Sunseeker
2500TS
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #60

Gee it's funny they promise you everything in order to sell you a NEW SUNSEEKER but getting minor things fixed sucks.I been waiting 3+ months to get the radio fixed.They keep thanking me for my patience..Poor dealer service and poor Forest River quality.
Waiting weeks for a part that I can get here overnight.
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service