Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #61
Class C Representative

What part do you need?
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #62

Unhappy

First when we picked up the New unit.They said they had gone over EVERYTHING! the next day I tried the generator,wouldn't stay running more than 15-20 seconds.took it back,mechanic said he had run it for 20 minuets.Hmmmm how come hourmeter had "0" time on it? 20 minuets would of shown 3+ tenths.
Second, Serrius radio said "check antenna " Shorted.
Side door, bottom ball for shock strut loose and wearing hole oblong.
They finally checked radio ordered an antenna and a part for door 3+ weeks ago.
I think they stall as long as possible,thinking you will either give up on them and fix it yourself, which I could of done 2-3 months ago,but tried the "warranty" thing first.
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 AM   #63

Today I was told the delay was caused by FR not approving the repair? still no parts??
I guess this is what I should expect after spending 70K on a FR Sunseeker
Old 10-01-2015, 05:56 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
Today I was told the delay was caused by FR not approving the repair? still no parts??
I guess this is what I should expect after spending 70K on a FR Sunseeker

Call FR directly. Time after time we hear this here only to find out the delay is on the dealer's end. Waiting for parts is one thing, not approving warranty repairs doesn't make sense.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 10-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #65

X 2 on dealers causing the problem.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #66
Site Team

The part you are looking for is a Song Chuan relay . It can be purchased directly from Mouser ( great electronics supplier ) for less than $3.50 + shipping ( Link below). If i were you I would look for a Potter and Brumfield or Zettler cross to insure you do not have this problem in the future.

871-1C-C-R1-U01-12VDC Song Chuan | Mouser

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #67
Class C Representative

Here is the number to Service and warranty 574-206-7600. Let them know where you are from so they can put you with the right Representative and They will be able to speed the process up for you.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 10-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #68

Tried the number,got the wrong person at first then on to chasing answering machines. I figure they just said it was F Rivers fault to cover their ___
Now the 3 month free trial of serious radio is over and the radio never even worked.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #69
Dahagen

I spent 4 months waiting on a part. Dealer said it was FR. When I called FR they said they had it and did I want it sent to another repair shop? Of course I said yes.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #70
Class C Representative

Who did you leave a message with? They get a lot of calls everyday for different things so it may take a day to get back with you.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #71
Commercial Member

Quote:
Tried the number,got the wrong person at first then on to chasing answering machines. I figure they just said it was F Rivers fault to cover their ___
Now the 3 month free trial of serious radio is over and the radio never even worked.
There is no expiration on the 3 month trial. It is 3 months free with a paid 3 months. Sirius no longer offers the free trials expect with major automotive companies. The free 3 months was something we requested from our supplier since most people do not read the fine print on the Ford 6 month trial.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sirius Flyer.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	90425  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sirius Flyer.pdf (1.90 MB, 29 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #72

As I have said on various topics on these forums I went to a RV repair shop not a dealer. The woman who worked there did constant follow up. It took several days to figure out what was need, a few more to get approval for the warranty from afar and a week to get the part. When it arrived it was the wrong part so they called FR and the correct one was overnighted.

I have to think that some of these issues are who you are bringing your rig to be repaired. I found an independent shop that was authorized to do FR warranty work and they stayed on top of it.

And I didn't leave my rig there the whole time, we took it and used it while waiting for the part. Then took it back when the part arrived and they repaired it the next day.

Of course we have the stereo issue where it cuts out and comes back on while sitting still even but that needs to be looked at by an electronic auto stereo place.

Otherwise I think that the shop stayed on it and Forest River approved the work and sent the part in a timely manner
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #73

I'm confused. People shop around to find the lowest price and then wonder why the local dealer they bypassed doesn't take them to the front of the service line when they need help? I bought from a volume wholesaler away from home knowing the after the sale service would not be a priority for them and I wouldn't be a priority for the local dealer. That's the risk to save the bucks. No regrets or complaints.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #74

CFritts
My outside stereo did the same thing. I've seen it a few times on the forums so must be a common problem. It was replaced by the dealer under warranty. I haven't noticed it coming on since then.
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #75

That's the other surprise.We didn't "shop" around.I wish we had, But we stopped in one day at the "Local" dealer,found a unit we liked and bought it.I'm sure had we of shopped around we could of found it THOUSANDS cheaper.but thought we would be treated "Better" being a local Hometown dealer! They just don't care.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #76
2012 Solera

Dealer service

Quote:
That's the other surprise.We didn't "shop" around.I wish we had, But we stopped in one day at the "Local" dealer,found a unit we liked and bought it.I'm sure had we of shopped around we could of found it THOUSANDS cheaper.but thought we would be treated "Better" being a local Hometown dealer! They just don't care.
X2. "Local" dealer (closest FR dealer, about 60 miles away), asking price, incompetent / slow service. Sounds like nothing has changed in three years. I ended up re-doing or having re-done essentially everything I asked them to fix. Independent service place MUCH better. My thought - the independent depends on service to survive, whereas the dealers make money selling new or used units and see service is an "expense" to be minimized. My conclusion - buy for price, then take to an independent service place for any service I can't do myself. Ask FR to reimburse during warranty period (a risk, but less frustrating than dealing with incompetent dealer service). Suspect there are competent dealer service centers out there - just believe they are rare and hard to identify.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #77

Fully agree
thanks
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 AM   #78

Again another week and absolutely No word on my parts. Over a month now just to get an antenna?? this sucks!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #79
Commercial Member

Not sure who is ordering the part...but for a $20 antenna that seems like a lot of frustration.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I think I'd go buy the antenna and send them the bill

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #80

this might explain why it is taking 5 months to fix my slide.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service