Old 09-20-2015, 06:21 AM   #51

We bought from RvDirect at a savings of $35,000 off MSRP and $8000 off best dealer price, which was a dealer 150 miles away. RvDirect did an outstanding job on PDI. If there were any pre-delivery issues, they were taken care of before we ever saw the unit. We have had a couple of minor warranty issues. One, FR sent me the parts. Another, they helped me find a dealer that would do service, after a couple of locals gave me the "You didn't buy it here" routine. If you are concerned about warranty service, know that FR will work with you to get it done.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

Old 09-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #52

RV Direct

RvBill3,

Leaning towards purchasing our 2300 or 2290S from RvDirect as well, but may have to wait a bit to see if the Chevy becomes available again. BTW, I'm wondering if you compared prices/services between RvDirect and RVW.

Regards, Mark...

Old 09-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #53

I compared the prices for my MBS Solera locally and internet. RV Direct was cheaper than RVW and all the others by a lot. MSRP was over 105. I paid less than 70. The Des Moines, IA location was great. For a solo female newbie who knew zero, Lance gave me a free 3 hr..demo and was very patient & kind with my ignorance explaining everything as I took notes. Some indepependant shops can do warranty work also. Just ask around.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauman View Post
RvBill3,

Leaning towards purchasing our 2300 or 2290S from RvDirect as well, but may have to wait a bit to see if the Chevy becomes available again. BTW, I'm wondering if you compared prices/services between RvDirect and RVW.

Regards, Mark...

Only contacted RvDirect. I don't believe RVW had Sunseeker line at the time. Think they only had Forester--which wouldn't have been bad but we had a specific amount of cash we wanted to spend and RvDirect hit that amount.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I compared the prices for my MBS Solera locally and internet. RV Direct was cheaper than RVW and all the others by a lot. MSRP was over 105. I paid less than 70. The Des Moines, IA location was great. For a solo female newbie who knew zero, Lance gave me a free 3 hr..demo and was very patient & kind with my ignorance explaining everything as I took notes. Some indepependant shops can do warranty work also. Just ask around.

I agree the DesMoines facility for RvDirect was outstanding. The MH was perfectly prepped. As we learned later, there were no problems or warranty work needed. They spent all the time we needed on a Saturday morning. We had previous TT ownership, so many things we already knew. New items to us were explained in great detail. It was March and they even de-winterized the water system and completely checked operation, then re-winterized for our trip home. Did PDI in a heated garage. Excellent, excellent service.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #56

Forest River really makes me wonder. So in the battery distribution center one of my relays makes an awful clicking sound on occasion. (Potential Fire |Hazard ???) The dealer here ( Country RV was great) Now remember this is a 2014 Sunseeker. Any way our dealer went to Forest River and they do not carry any parts for the battery distribution center. They stopped using this existing supplier last year. "No parts available from them." This is a $15.0 dollar part and Forest River recommended a new distribution center for $800.00 and that's just to get it here. Dealer recommended Interior Electronics and they have ordered one $15.00 dollar part for me).

Brandon2
2014 Sunseeker
2500TS
Old 09-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #57
GM

Just to update on a couple of things.

1. Camping World not carrying Forester is completely false. There was some confusion about stocking levels and what stores would carry what, but that has all been resolved. We just had a meeting with Camping World this past week to go over some things.

2. The clicking noise is normally a solenoid opening.closing. The clicking noise while annoying (louder in some case than others) is normal.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #58
Site Team

Yes. I bought mine in Texas because they had the floorplan I wanted, but all service, addons and accessories are from Bayou Outdoors Supercenter in bossier city LA. They are great. In fact, my rockwood is there now for major repairs after an accident. I have every reason to believe it'll be right when I get it. Ptl!
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #59

bcclemens: Just searched Camping World, as you suggested whom we have purchased items from before and this resistor is non existent with them.
Clicking noises all night are just plain annoying and we must admit it is not normal. The resistor number is 871-1C-R1 U01 12VDC 20A/35A 14VDC right out of the battery distribution center
No worries purchased elsewhere at any rate. we can't expect Camping world to carry everything. Still surprising that Forest River cannot stock an item for a unit that is only 1 year old. Rather than try and push an $800.00 part on me rather than a $15.00 dollar part.

Brandon2
2014 Sunseeker
2500TS
Old 09-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #60

Gee it's funny they promise you everything in order to sell you a NEW SUNSEEKER but getting minor things fixed sucks.I been waiting 3+ months to get the radio fixed.They keep thanking me for my patience..Poor dealer service and poor Forest River quality.
Waiting weeks for a part that I can get here overnight.

Tags
service