Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #1

how do I instal electric brake on moterhome

hi how is everyone? I cant beleave its a week before may long weekend and we still have ice on the lakes and snow on the ground I am getting a dolly for my moterhome want to use electric brakes. A friend was saying it was just a matter of hooking up a few wires under the dash. but when I looked there are all kinds of loss wires under there. would eny one no where the ones for the trailer brakes are .its a 2008 sunseeker 450 e. eny help would be greatly apretiated. thank you ps love this forum
Happyholidayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I was just in Kelowna and went for a run in Myra Canyon (very cool area). I took several pictures because it was almost 85 degrees (29 Celsius since we're talking about Canada) and there was snow in several spots on the route. Was pretty cool...the first time, then after about the 3rd 50 yard 12" deep section of snow my wet shoes were over it.

As for the brake controller...I know today there is a plug in behind the dash, you can buy a wiring harness that just plugs in and wires up to a brake controller. Search to see if there is a wiring harness for the 2008 and it will make it a lot easier.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #3

Somewhere on here there is a thread with pictures of what your looking for under the dash. Unfortunately I don't have time to search for it. It should be just above your emergency brake if I remember correctly.

If you have a good trailer shop in the area and don't feel like doing it yourself I got mine wired with a controller for $200.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
daydreaming about camping

Installing Brake Controller on 2010 Ford E450 Class C Motorhome | etrailer.com

here is the brake controller with adapter for Ford van:
Brake Controller for 2008 Van by Ford | etrailer.com

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #5

thank you for your help. think i found it. was busy with the grand daughter today so i just had time for a fast look. hope to get at it tomorow depending on the weather. lol. it was a scorching plus 6 celseus today. but sunny,so it felt warmer. good weather for a big camp fire. thanks again and happy camping.
Happyholidayer is offline   Reply With Quote