Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
Love My Sunseeker

Thanks! But now we are back to the original issue, HOW DO I GET THE FRONT TV OFF THE WALL? Ok, I KNOW how, I watched the video, I read what you said, I'm just "Too skeered" to do it.

I would need to take the TV off the wall to re-wire it as you described.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
Love My Sunseeker

For anyone that cares...... On September 19, I will be stopping at an RV dealer in East Grand Forks, MN. I am going to PAY them to show me how to take the TV off the Entertainment Center in my Sunseeker 3170.

I'll post when I find out anything. I want to rewire the TV the way Brian suggested earlier.

I'm also having something else looked at, so it's not like this will be a waste of time.....

Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #23
Love My Sunseeker

The YOUTUBE video link posted by BC Clemons for how to get the TV off the entertainment center wall is from a FIFTH WHEEL and is no good for the Class C entertainment center.

Today, I went to Leisureland RV in Minnesota for some other issues. I asked them to tell how in the **** I get my TV off the wall so I can do some re-wiring. Well, they weren't able to get it off the wall but this is what they THINK you do:

See the four "knobs" in the corner on the wood? Those are screw covers. The tech took one off, and yeppers, there is a screw behind there. It is a "square hole" screw, requiring a square head screw driver. Their thought is that you remove those screws, and it will remove the wooden cross bars, and then you can get to the TV.

I'm going to try it when I get home. I will be home in about a week or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	40021  

Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #24
Love My Sunseeker

I have been too "skeered" to try to undo the screws. Today I have an appointment with my original dealer for an oil change. I'm going to see if my original dealer can help me with this.

I'm thinking...... either Forest River needs to make an easy way to get to behind the TV in the Entertainment Centers.... or........ I'm not getting the Entertainment Center option ever again. I find that I personally don't really need the extra storage. An engineer friend of mine who just LOVES to comment on things like this (even though he personally doesn't go RVing...) thinks that the Entertainment Center serves only to be extra insulation in the over cab area.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
Love My Sunseeker

I'm at my purchasing dealer now. They are messing with the front TV in the entertainment center. ROYAL PAIN.

What you do is remove the two cross bars as shown in the previous picture I posted. Then, the TV is mounted on a bracket with two screws on top and two screws on bottom. The picture I am showing is what is behind the TV when you take it off the bracket.

We attempted the rewiring, but the cables weren't long enough. Well, the cables would reach the TV as long as the TV was flat against the panel, but if you had to pull the TV down, the cables would come out. The dealer had some "Extensions" but when you run through extensions, the signal degrades, sometime. So, I decided just to leave it as it is. So we returned to the original configuration of using the switch box.

In fact, the tech broke one of the screws that is in the TV bracket. But it was easily fixed, they had extras. We made sure it still worked.

I'm just going to cross my fingers that I never have an issue with this TV, as it's a royal pain to remove.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
Love My Sunseeker

OOps, my picture didn't attach. I'll try this again. This is what is behind the Entertainment Center. Cables are a royal pain to get to.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	40945  

Old 10-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
This is what is behind the Entertainment Center. Cables are a royal pain to get to.
I'm willing to bet those speakers back there are the other set controlled at the A/B switch. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...y-43185-2.html
My thinking is if you wanted to play just the radio you don't want sound coming out of the TV. I think those (based on location) are the same speakers as wired if you had the bunk up there instead of the entertainment center. My guess is the "B" position turns off those speakers.

As a side note to your television situation, you could install a different TV bracket, one that can even pivot out a little so you can view a little easier from the dinette booth. It would take some reinforcing work to but the advantages would outweigh the obstacles.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
Commercial Member

A: Dash speakers and two living room speakers.
B: No dash speakers and four (five if you enable center channel) living rooms speakers
All: hopefully self explanatory.

If you play the radio the sound would not come out of the TV. To my knowledge we only send video from the dash to the TV. Sound comes through the ceiling speakers (or in this case entertainment speakers and two ceiling speakers).

The only way sound plays through the TV is if you are watching over the air channels. Even then you can turn that off and listen through the surround/ceiling speakers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

If you play the radio the sound would not come out of the TV. To my knowledge we only send video from the dash to the TV. Sound comes through the ceiling speakers (or in this case entertainment speakers and two ceiling speakers).

The only way sound plays through the TV is if you are watching over the air channels. Even then you can turn that off and listen through the surround/ceiling speakers.
My comment "radio coming out of the TV" was meaning the speakers at the TV in the entertainment center and not the ones in the TV itself. I never knew that setup had ceiling speakers behind the TV mount when I first commented in the post http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...y-43185-2.html otherwise I would have suggested to listen at those too.
Anyway, was trying to clarify better but I think I bumbled it up more instead.

Bobby
Old 10-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #30
Love My Sunseeker

Beg to differ.

I am getting TV sound only from cable right now, and switching to A, B, or Both doesn't change that. And NO sound through the living room speakers.

when I watched Over the Air, same thing, only sound from TV.

Now, with DVD, I get sound from:

TV
MagnaDyne
Living Room speakers

Remember, I mentioned you had to either mute the TV or mute the MagnaDyne. If you run sound on both, you get conflicts and it makes snow on the picture. I generally mute the TV and run the MagnaDyne sound on DVD's.

And, while at the dealer's, I didn't even bother to check to see if the speakers behind the TV were even functional.

All I know is, I returned to the original configuration and everything still works.

Now, B Clemmons, remember you said that the middle TV was on a "splitter" somewhere? While the TV was off the wall, I didn't find any "splitter." On the other hand, some round thing (should have taken a picture of it) was plugged into one of the connection outlets on the TV. I have no idea what that was.

When the TV is back on the wall, you CANNOT get to a connection at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
A: Dash speakers and two living room speakers.
B: No dash speakers and four (five if you enable center channel) living rooms speakers
All: hopefully self explanatory.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Beg to differ.

I am getting TV sound only from cable right now, and switching to A, B, or Both doesn't change that. And NO sound through the living room speakers.

when I watched Over the Air, same thing, only sound from TV.

Now, with DVD, I get sound from:

TV
MagnaDyne
Living Room speakers

Remember, I mentioned you had to either mute the TV or mute the MagnaDyne. If you run sound on both, you get conflicts and it makes snow on the picture. I generally mute the TV and run the MagnaDyne sound on DVD's.

And, while at the dealer's, I didn't even bother to check to see if the speakers behind the TV were even functional.

All I know is, I returned to the original configuration and everything still works.
Hmmmm, this is where I wonder if I do any better by just shutting up.

My clarification would be "no audio from the TV is routed to the speakers in the coach". "The audio from the Magnadyne system does not send audio to the TV".
The A/B/Both selection switch controls the audio from the Magnadyne to the speakers in the coach in zones. I was thinking zone "A" was the speakers in your entertainment cabinet (not the TV itself) where in coaches with a bunk in that location, zone "A" is the speakers in that bunk area. Zone "B" is to the speakers in the cab area.

Hopefully I got myself straight on that one.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
My comment "radio coming out of the TV" was meaning the speakers at the TV in the entertainment center and not the ones in the TV itself. I never knew that setup had ceiling speakers behind the TV mount when I first commented in the post http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...y-43185-2.html otherwise I would have suggested to listen at those too.
Anyway, was trying to clarify better but I think I bumbled it up more instead.

Bobby
No no, you were fine I was just clarifying.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Yes. It's the language that is confusing. When you say "only audio from cable" the AB speaker selector selects which speakers play. Not which source (cable, DVD, over the air) plays through them.

The splitter is for video only not audio so to speak.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #34

Hi JJ;

We've got a new (2013 3050S) and have the entertainment center as well. I've been trying to figure out how to "dismount" the front TV as well but it's solidly locked in place.

Have you made any headway in figuring that one out?

Jim

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #35

She posted it on page 3 of this thread, about halfway down the page.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #36

Hi paulmlac;

Yeah, I did see that but unfortunately, our setup isn't exactly the same as DXSMac's. We do have a couple of exposed screws at the bottom on what looks like a crossbar but I'm still too hesitant to start unscrewing things.

We've got a couple of RV shows coming up in December and January so I'm hoping to do some local networking then and see what I can learn.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #37

Make it three. I've returned 3 90 deg connectors to Radio Shack before I found one that worked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Hopefully, when someone searches they'll pull this text.
HOW TO GET THE 42" FRONT TV OFF WHEN YOU HAVE AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

1. There is a wood trim piece at the top and the bottom.
2. Remove the wood screw plugs (4 total) (plugs are already removed in pic)
3. Remove screws from wood trim (this is just a cover piece)
4. That will expose the black metal mounting frame (lower pic). There are two screws in the top and two in the bottom. Remove those 4 screws and the TV & mount come free.

PS. Not yelling. Just making sure the text is highlighted.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-11-14 15.40.57.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	42605   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-14 15.49.04.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	42606  

Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #39

Hey! That's awesome!! Thanks for the info. I did see the bottom two screws but I didn't see the top ones. I was thinking that if I undid the bottom two then I could pull the bottom of the mounting out and the top was "latched" in. I'll take a much closer look for the top two screws now.

We're just so hesitant to start disassembling our new baby...

Thanks again for the great info!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
Love My Sunseeker

Don't know if I have a 90degree connector on the front TV, forgot to look when it was off. But as for the back TV's, I just took the 90 degree thingies off. Yeah, it makes the cable lay a little goofy, but I put up with it...... Don't really care on the back TV, but on the middle TV, the cable lays all over the "ledge" below it, so can't put anything there, but that's ok......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo70 View Post
Make it three. I've returned 3 90 deg connectors to Radio Shack before I found one that worked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks Brian. That's what I was looking for all along. I enjoy the Entertainment Center as I think it provides the "insulation" my engineer friend claims, but if the TV is that much of a PITA to get to, I may not order it ever again.