Old 09-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #31

Garrette, If you're going to be here for 2 weeks, I would suggest one week at an Adirondack campsite and one week at the Thousand Islands. You can private message me and tell me your preferences such as State Parks or KOAs etc...

Gary

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #32

We just bought 2014 3050FS Only one trip so far and can't wait for Columbus Day weekend!! I am brand new to this and haven't called dealer but trying to figure out difference from furnace and the heat pump?? Any suggestions? If not I'll try the forum for appliance's!! Thanks Joel

Old 09-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxman View Post
We just bought 2014 3050FS Only one trip so far and can't wait for Columbus Day weekend!! I am brand new to this and haven't called dealer but trying to figure out difference from furnace and the heat pump?? Any suggestions? If not I'll try the forum for appliance's!! Thanks Joel
Furnace is propane no real low outside temp. Heat pump is on ac unit. 45 degree outside temp is approximate low limit. It needs 120 volts power to run. I think furnace will run on 12 power. Never really checked
Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilky View Post
I think furnace will run on 12 power. Never really checked
Yes, correct.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #35

The heat pump, because it runs on shore power costs you nothing if at a campground with power. It is effective down to about freezing. Below that it runs and runs and doesn't generate much heat.

The furnace runs on your propane and requires 12 volt power for the fan. So it can be used without shore or generator power (although it is hard on the battery). One other important feature is that the furnace ducts also blow heat into the water pump and dump valve areas and heat the area where the holding tanks are. So in really cold temps it helps keep the plumbing from freezing. Heat pump uses ceiling ducts like air conditioning so doesn't heat plumbing.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #36

We have a 2014 3050s. A few factory issues but so far so good.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #37

We have a 2013 Sunseeker 3170ds and love it. We bought it last October and this year have camped every weekend since May except one. I have done many personal mods to it to make our journeys and camping more comfortable. We love the camper and traveling in it with our kids. We just bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to tow as our toad. Haven't done it yet, still trying to figure out what we need and what works best.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
So we are in love with our Sunseeker 3170ds. We bought it new about a month ago.

Would love to hear from all the Sunseeker owners!!
We bought a new 2014 Sunseeker 3050 last month and just love it. I finally think they are getting women's input, love the kitchen, large pantry, all the great storage and room with the big slide. I believe I could fulltime in it, but DH says he's not ready for that. I'm just a happy camper with our sunseeker 3050.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #39

We have a 2012 Sunseeker 2300 that we really like except for the corner bed. (hard to make). We tow a Jeep Liberty.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Btw, could everyone list their toad. I have 2014 Jeep Grande Cherokee.
Was it difficult to set up the grand cherokee for towing?
Does the mh perform ok while towing it?
Considering a Sunseeker purchase but concerned about towing my '12 jeep grand cherokee.
Any input would be appreciated.

Tags
sunseeker