Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
So yours is out of the 3 year bumper to bumper?
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #22
RV Nomad

2013 2500TS picked up in June, been out with it on 6 trips so far with the kids and wife, has been a great rig so far. No major issues (knock on wood), a couple minor things I fixed myself. No toad, went with the shorter unit to avoid pulling something. Got a bike rack back there instead. Just gotta remember to remove the bikes before opening rear slide! So far, no mishaps.
xgzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
So yours is out of the 3 year bumper to bumper?
His issue would fall under the "house" portion of the warranty. That coverage is for 1 year / 12,000 miles.

The 3 year bumper to bumper is the Ford or Chevy portion of the warranty. That has nothing to do with anything FR attaches to the chassis.

Here is the warranty:

· 12 Months/ 12,000 miles basic limited warranty
· Bumper-to-bumper 3 years / 36,000 mile limited chassis warranty
· 5 years/ 60,000 mile limited powertrain warranty (Ford)
· 5 years/100,000 limited powertrain warranty (Chevy)

paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
Love My Sunseeker

Bought mine (3170 with the custom computer desk) last October 2012. I LOVE IT! Especially the computer desk, and I love the bathtub in the bathroom, even though I have to fold my legs up.

Right now I'm having problems with the bedroom slide (the computer desk is on this slide). It won't go out. well, it goes out 1/3 of the way and quits. Got an appointment in Missoula to have it checked.

Also having problems with a leak on one of my BIGFOOT stabilizers.

For the record, this is my fourth Sunseeker.

First one was the 2860. Loved it. Great floor plan. However, when digital TV's came in, I bought the first of the two 3120's that I owned. That became a "Bill Engval" joke that I made up:

"Didja get a new RV?"

"Nope, I traded the analog TV for a digital TV, the RV came with it, HERE'S YOUR SIGN."

(That's actually the reason I traded.)

Like I said, I have owned two different 3120's. This model is great for a solo person, the floor plan is suited for solos. It had a HUGE bathroom with a shower that had a seat on it. When I injured my foot, getting into the shower and sitting on the seat was a godsend. The only thing I did NOT like about the 3120 is that the oven is not vented to the outside. Thus, you MUST open an overhead vent if you do any cooking. In the first 3120, I had a propane oven. In the second 3120, I had a combo convection oven/microwave. Decided I didn't like that. Can't brown meat in those ovens.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #25

Also have a Wonderful Sunseeker 3170 maybe will see another sunseeker in a campground stop by and say Hi
Smilinggrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #26

Garrett we also had trouble with gen. Called cummns who make gen, and they informed me that they had trouble with fuel pump and ours is being replaced next week..
Smilinggrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilinggrammy View Post
Garrett we also had trouble with gen. Called cummns who make gen, and they informed me that they had trouble with fuel pump and ours is being replaced next week..
I have appointment on the 30th. I will take it on the 28th. To get gen repaired. I think it is fuel pump and it looks easy to replace. Found prices as low as $50 on line. Just protecting the warranty and checkout the RV Repair center.
Good luck.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #28
Love My Sunseeker

Ok, for those with the 3170, how many got the bunk beds, and how many got the computer desk?

ME - Computer Desk. LOVE IT! However, the desk area is small. Can't put a laptop and a printer on it. Also, my cat loves to sit on the desk when I'm at the computer. In the RV, the desk isn't big enough for cat to sit on. Cat is upset about this......

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #29

2860DS that I picked up in Nov. 2012. Made a late Winter/early Spring jaunt to Florida and perhaps 8 or 9 trips to both the Adirondacks and Thousand Islands area here in upstate NY. I pull a 19 ft. open bow boat also. Maybe one more trip, then I'll winterize it as most parks are closed here by Columbus Day. Trip to FL is already all set for March.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
2860DS that I picked up in Nov. 2012. Made a late Winter/early Spring jaunt to Florida and perhaps 8 or 9 trips to both the Adirondacks and Thousand Islands area here in upstate NY. I pull a 19 ft. open bow boat also. Maybe one more trip, then I'll winterize it as most parks are closed here by Columbus Day. Trip to FL is already all set for March.
We are planning an upper NY state for next year. Gonna be 2 weeks. Suggestions?

Headed to Virginia next month for 1 1/2 weeks. Counting the days.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #31

Garrette, If you're going to be here for 2 weeks, I would suggest one week at an Adirondack campsite and one week at the Thousand Islands. You can private message me and tell me your preferences such as State Parks or KOAs etc...

Gary
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #32

We just bought 2014 3050FS Only one trip so far and can't wait for Columbus Day weekend!! I am brand new to this and haven't called dealer but trying to figure out difference from furnace and the heat pump?? Any suggestions? If not I'll try the forum for appliance's!! Thanks Joel
Madmaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxman View Post
We just bought 2014 3050FS Only one trip so far and can't wait for Columbus Day weekend!! I am brand new to this and haven't called dealer but trying to figure out difference from furnace and the heat pump?? Any suggestions? If not I'll try the forum for appliance's!! Thanks Joel
Furnace is propane no real low outside temp. Heat pump is on ac unit. 45 degree outside temp is approximate low limit. It needs 120 volts power to run. I think furnace will run on 12 power. Never really checked
Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilky View Post
I think furnace will run on 12 power. Never really checked
Yes, correct.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #35

The heat pump, because it runs on shore power costs you nothing if at a campground with power. It is effective down to about freezing. Below that it runs and runs and doesn't generate much heat.

The furnace runs on your propane and requires 12 volt power for the fan. So it can be used without shore or generator power (although it is hard on the battery). One other important feature is that the furnace ducts also blow heat into the water pump and dump valve areas and heat the area where the holding tanks are. So in really cold temps it helps keep the plumbing from freezing. Heat pump uses ceiling ducts like air conditioning so doesn't heat plumbing.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:41 AM   #36

We have a 2014 3050s. A few factory issues but so far so good.
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #37

We have a 2013 Sunseeker 3170ds and love it. We bought it last October and this year have camped every weekend since May except one. I have done many personal mods to it to make our journeys and camping more comfortable. We love the camper and traveling in it with our kids. We just bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to tow as our toad. Haven't done it yet, still trying to figure out what we need and what works best.
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
So we are in love with our Sunseeker 3170ds. We bought it new about a month ago.

Would love to hear from all the Sunseeker owners!!
We bought a new 2014 Sunseeker 3050 last month and just love it. I finally think they are getting women's input, love the kitchen, large pantry, all the great storage and room with the big slide. I believe I could fulltime in it, but DH says he's not ready for that. I'm just a happy camper with our sunseeker 3050.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #39

We have a 2012 Sunseeker 2300 that we really like except for the corner bed. (hard to make). We tow a Jeep Liberty.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Btw, could everyone list their toad. I have 2014 Jeep Grande Cherokee.
Was it difficult to set up the grand cherokee for towing?
Does the mh perform ok while towing it?
Considering a Sunseeker purchase but concerned about towing my '12 jeep grand cherokee.
Any input would be appreciated.
Rac8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker