Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #1

Ieaks in 2016 3010ds

After driving through a tremendous downpour I noticed several places where water got in the coach. Is this to be expected or do I have a problem? It was a lot of rain coming down in sheets.
izzaboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
Class C Representative

You shouldn't have any leaking anywhere. Where was it leaking?
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #3

Some water in front cubby hold in bunk above cab. Water dripping onto couch on slide drivers side.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #4

Also water came in from bottom of window at kitchen counter.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #5
Class C Representative

Make sure the slide is all the way in and the seal didn't pull away from the side.

If you have the ability to get on the roof make sure there hasn't been any caulk along the cap seam that has pulled away.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #6

2016 model
Old 06-29-2016, 11:18 AM   #7

Joshua - in reference to the roof - on the new Forrester and Sunseeker do you guys put a steel backer underneath where the cap Transition screws into to give them a little more bite ? I thought I read that somewhere and I just wanted to clarify it with someone who works at the factory - because if the steel backer does not fix the caulk breaking problem I will have to be up on my roof to check it more often lol
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #8

I had the same problems on my 3010DS
Took 4 trips to 2 different dealers until it was fixed. I found the problem myself by running water on top iof the slides and finally got it to leak. Finally was found that we had to have the seams on the top of the slides sealed. It was resealed with esterbond tape. No leaks since.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #9

I can try that. But it turns out that part of my problem might be the bottle of wine that blew up. Found that while cleaning up the mess. Thought it was awful sticky rainwater.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #10

LOL
Old 06-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #11
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by john mcneely View Post
I can try that. But it turns out that part of my problem might be the bottle of wine that blew up. Found that while cleaning up the mess. Thought it was awful sticky rainwater.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #12

Ain't funny. It was good wine.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #13

As for the kitchen window leak, when my 3010 was new that window leaked due to being improperly installed. Dealer had to remove and re install. Been fine ever since. In my case they also had to replace the countertop as water in the wall got into the counter under the laminate and was soaked up like a sponge.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #14
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

2015 Salem Cruise Lite leaked at two marker lights, opposite front upper and lower. Found by pressure checking the unit. I'm sorry. That is just sloppy manufacturing. Leaks fixed but now I have water marks on my ceiling.
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote