Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #11

We have a new to us 2005 Sunseeker LE. There are no leveling jacks. We have looked at some jacks but dont know if we would be able to use them. Seems like they take alot of strength to install them. Can we use a set of those leveling blocks to drive the motor home up on to do some leveling or are those just use to lift jacks?

Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #12

Yes you can use the blocks to level camper. I have 2 sets that I use. If it is way out of level you have to use the blocks to make a ramp to be able to get up on.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #13

We too use two sets of blocks. Works good.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #14

OK, related issue... Where do you place the level to check whether adjustments are needed?? There is a significance difference when the level is moved from one side of the counter to the other!
It would be nice if there was somewhere outside on the frame that could be checked.
Because the leveling issue was most critical for refrigerator function, we considered placing the level on the "floor" of the fridge... Or the counter closest to the fridge.
Also, what type of level is best? We have a small circular level with a bubble and circle in the center... Is something more elaborate needed?
So far things seem to be working ok... Want to keep it that way.... Thanks in advance for any advice!
new to us RV owners April 2012
2012- 100+ days camping + Panama cruise
2013- 60 nights in our RV so far (as of Aug 1)
cllecr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #15
Future Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllecr View Post
OK, related issue... Where do you place the level to check whether adjustments are needed?? There is a significance difference when the level is moved from one side of the counter to the other!
It would be nice if there was somewhere outside on the frame that could be checked.
Because the leveling issue was most critical for refrigerator function, we considered placing the level on the "floor" of the fridge... Or the counter closest to the fridge.
Also, what type of level is best? We have a small circular level with a bubble and circle in the center... Is something more elaborate needed?
So far things seem to be working ok... Want to keep it that way.... Thanks in advance for any advice!
Took this from another post, they are small levels that you attach to the outside of your TT. You can pick them up at any RV center or many hardware stores:

These are the practical way to level ...

Place one on the front passenger side near the edge to level left/right and one on the other side of the edge of the trailer to level front/rear.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead307

Took this from another post, they are small levels that you attach to the outside of your TT. You can pick them up at any RV center or many hardware stores:

Place one on the front passenger side near the edge to level left/right and one on the other side of the edge of the trailer to level front/rear.
Those are the ones I have and I think there perfect.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead307 View Post

Do the application of the levels when the trailer is already leveled or these will not work for you.
And I have the exact same ones and in less than 6 months the lovely green colour faded to a clear liquid so distance recognition lessens.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Site Team - Lou

I use this one. The front to back level can be hard for us vertically challenged folk to read if the ground falls away to the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0487.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	18603  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #19

Funny. I had the same question this last week camping. Leveling side to side all depends where you set the level. I used to use the back bumper on my last camper and tried on the new one. Set level on floor or counter and I get different readings. Once I figure the best place to determine level, then I can attach external levels. Any ideas best place to determine best level? Front to back level works good on floor of basement.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriddering View Post
Funny. I had the same question this last week camping. Leveling side to side all depends where you set the level. I used to use the back bumper on my last camper and tried on the new one. Set level on floor or counter and I get different readings. Once I figure the best place to determine level, then I can attach external levels. Any ideas best place to determine best level? Front to back level works good on floor of basement.
You can start with front to back leveling on the bottom frame, but it is a PITA. The rear bumper is good also.
Once you get it leveled on the frame & bumper, tweek it to where you and DW feel is comfortable and put your level stickers or whatever you are going to use on. Just make sure the refrigerator is close to being level both ways.