Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
Member
 
Dcbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Smyrna Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Info on 2800QS

Looking at trading in our current Class A and purchasing SS 2800QS any comments Pro or Con will be appreciated Thanks
__________________

Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,207
I started with the same question:
Opinions Requested from 2801QS GTS Owners

Then if you read my posts (and responses) beginning in Feb ‘18 I think your Q’s will be answered. Note: My thread “2800QS Mods, will show you what I didn’t like.
I’m on the road in mine now so I am available to answer any specific questions you might have.
__________________

__________________
ILB
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
Member
 
Dcbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Smyrna Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Thanks Duck I will read both post I am presently out in my Class A In Asheville NC been traveling for 6 weeks 2 more weeks will be home. Been emailing my dealer in Florida and hoping to move over to the SS when I get back. Love the Thor Windsport but DW has a hard time in the passenger seat.
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
...DW has a hard time in the passenger seat.
??? Obviously I donít know what the issue is but there is not a lot of leg room on the passenger side of the E-450. Of course, my DW has no problem in the drivers seat of this one.
__________________
ILB
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
Member
 
Dcbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Smyrna Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
??? Obviously I donít know what the issue is but there is not a lot of leg room on the passenger side of the E-450. Of course, my DW has no problem in the drivers seat of this one.
DW was very nervous sitting so high and the big windshield with nothing in front of her so I think the change to the SS will be a good fit
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #6
Member
 
Dcbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Smyrna Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Ducky good read thanks looking forward getting back to Florida and looking at it first hand hopefully we get the deal done.
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 69
We traded a Class A for the 2430S, the other GTS in that series because I was like your DW. I was a nervous wreck, even after 8 years in a Class A. I love, love, love the ride in the smaller unit. Your wife will too. It's the difference between riding in a bus and a truck. We drove 10,500 miles to Alaska and back. Plus, you'll love the extra doors. Good luck.


Debby
dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Ducky good read thanks looking forward getting back to Florida and looking at it first hand hopefully we get the deal done.
We got ours from RVWorld of Nokomis but it was at the Ft. Myers show in Jan.
$115k msrp South of $80k out the door. Now that they are discontinued, you may be able to shave a bit off that. They had a 2801 too but I didnt like the electronic panel for everything and it had big foot. Mine has Level-Up.
__________________
ILB
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
Member
 
Dcbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Smyrna Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
We got ours from RVWorld of Nokomis but it was at the Ft. Myers show in Jan.
$115k msrp South of $80k out the door. Now that they are discontinued, you may be able to shave a bit off that. They had a 2801 too but I didnt like the electronic panel for everything and it had big foot. Mine has Level-Up.
Thanks Ducky it looks like it is still available I have the level up system on my present unit what donít you like about the big foot system
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Thanks Ducky it looks like it is still available I have the level up system on my present unit what donít you like about the big foot system
This: Bigfoot control panel and other items

This: Big foot leveler problems

And This: Big Foot Reset Problems

Sorry you asked yet?
__________________

__________________
ILB
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
280

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.