Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #1

info on 3050s

is it possible to get a wiring and plumbing diagram of the coach. can,t always find where things are to check. thanks oldnewguy coach is a 3050s 2013 on a ford frame

Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The short answer is no there is no such wiring diagram.

TURBS

Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
The short answer is no there is no such wiring diagram.

TURBS
Thanks for not making me be the bad guy. that's the long answer too.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #4

Maybe some semantics here. They may no longer be available but I obtained electrical and plumbing schematics for my 2012 3120 thru my dealer and FR customer service. They show how everything is connected with wire colors/numbers but do not show the routing thru the coach as full connection or routing diagrams would. Thus if you go behind a panel and find some wires they will not directly tell you what the wires are for. Based on the location you will be able to get some idea but some further investigation would be required.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Last year I asked FR Customer Service for wiring schematics and the nice person there passed my request to engineering. The answer was that they don't want their schematics to get in the hands of their competitors. I agree with that logic. FR Customer Service did send me some generic schematics with my promise to not share them. What I received were out of date and without wire colors or numbers. They were a good starting point point but did not show exactly how our coach is wired. It was the best that Customer Service could do and I am satisified with their response.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

3050s

because my dealer said this is a new unit to the dealership, they did not know the location of many things. where the low drains are on hot and cold. how to find the drain for the fresh water tank. bypass on the hot water heater. what to do if the full body slide does not go in. i found the place where the water filter goes, found the switch to help jump the engine. just simple things that were missing from the demo. did not get a lot of manuals on the equipment. i bought this unit at a camping show, and i think a few things walked off with the public, if you know what i mean oldnewguy
Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #7

Just park the unit on pavement and get a big piece of cardboard. Slide it under the unit and use it make it easier for you to slide under and look around. Just move around til you find them. The low point drains should be obvious and are often in the area of the water filter. The water tank drain valve on my unit is accessible from the water filter hatch area. The low point drains may not have valves but just caps on the end of pipe stubs (red and Blue) sticking thru the bottom.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

On the wiring, I only wish FR would follow what Tiffin does. The wire sheathing itself has what it goes to printed every so many inches of each wire. Very easy to follow. In addition to that, the paperwork that comes with the unit includes more wiring, plumbing, hydraulic etc. schematics than you care to look at. If you understand a true electrical drawing with all the symbols, you're in good shape. Just about everything you'd ever want to know is in a BIG nice Tiffin bag with labeled sleeves. Hint hint FR? I know it can be done.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote